Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
GRAPHIC aid COMMUNICATION
PRESENTED BY:-ISHMIT OBEROI
• Graphic communication as the name suggests is
communication through graphics and graphic aids .
It is the process of creating , producing, and
distributing material incorporating words and
images to convey data, concepts and emotions.
• Graphic aids present information in pictorial
form or in other specific formats in order to
consolidate, clarify or prove the written
material they go with.
TYPES OF GRAPHIC AIDS
• A timeline is a way of displaying a list of events in
chronological order, sometimes described as a
• A poster is any piece of printed paper designed to
be attached to a wall or vertical surface. Typically
posters include both textual and graphic
elements, although a poster may be either wholly
graphical or wholly text.
• A chart is a graphical representation of data, in
which "the data is represented by symbols, such as
bars in a bar chart, lines in a line chart, or slices in a
Student Age Height Weight
NEHA 7 52 inches 49 pounds
SEEMA 8 48 inches 47 pounds
KIRAN 8 50 inches 48 pounds
• A diagram is a symbolic representation well-suited
to the presentation of ideas.
• Drawing is a form of visual art that makes use of
any number of drawing instruments to mark a two-
dimensional medium. Common instruments include
graphite pencils, pen and ink etc.
• A map is a visual representation of an area—a
symbolic depiction highlighting relationships
between elements of that space such as objects,
regions, and themes.
• A cartoon is a form of two-dimensional illustrated
• A flashcard or flash card is a set of cards bearing
information, as words or numbers, on either or
both sides, used in classroom drills or in private
A graph is an abstract representation of a set
of objects where some pairs of the objects are
connected by links.
Five Types of Graphs
5 common types of graphic aids are:
• Bar graphs
• Line graphs
• Pie charts
• A bar graph is a chart that compares the relative
amount of items by using parallel rectangular bars
of varying lengths.
• Bar graphs can be vertical or horizontal.
• A line graph is a diagram whose points are
connected to show the relationship between two or
• A pie chart is a circle graph that uses various
sized “slices” to represent relative parts of the
• A flowchart is a diagram that uses connected
boxes, circles, and other shapes to show the
steps in a process or procedure.
• A table shows relationships between facts and
figures by arranging information in rows and