The Respiratory System This image of the respiratory system shows the apparatus for breathing. Breathing is the processes by which oxygen in the air is brought into the lungs and into close contact with blood. Which carry it to all part of the body. At the same time blood gives up carbon dioxide and carry out of the lung with the air breathing out
• The sinuses are hollow spaces in the bone of the head.• The sinuses function helping to regulate the temperature and humidity the air breathing in.• The sinuses also lighten the bone structure of the head and to give resonance to voice
• Nasal cavity or nose is entrance for outside are in to respiratory system.• The hair inside the nose’s wall are part of air-cleaning system .
• Air enter through oral cavity or mouth.• People who have mouth breathing or whose nasal passage may be temporary obstructed by cold
• Adenoids are lymph tissue at the tope of throat.• The lymph system consist of knots of cell or nodes and connecting vessels.• Lymph system carries fluid through the body.• This system resist body infection by filtering out foreign matter or germs.
• Tonsil s are lymph knots of cell in the node in the wall of pharynx that often become infected.• Tonsils are unimportant part of germ fighting system of body.• When tonsil infected , they are removed
• Pharynx or throat collect air from the nose and passes through downward to windpipe or trachea.
• Epiglottis is tissue that guards the entrance to windpipe.• Epiglottis closing when anything is swallowed that should go to stomach
• Larynx or voice box contain vocal cored . It is place where air Breathed in and out create voice sound.
• Esophagus is passage leading from the mouth and throat to stomach
• Windpipe or trachea is the passage leading pharynx to the lung
• The ribs are the bones that support and protect the chest cavity.• Ribs help the lung to expand and contract
• Right lung is divided in to 3 lopes.• Left lung is divides into 2 lopes or sections.
• Pleura parietal and vertical are the 2 membrane that surround each lobe of the lung and separate the lung from the chest wall
• Primary bronchial are linked with cilia or very small hair. It has wave like motion. It carries liquid upward and out into throat Where it either coughed or swallowed
• The diaphragm is wall of muscle that separate the chest cavity From abdominal cavity.• Diaphragm creates suction to drew in air and expand the lung.
• Bronchioles is smallest subdivision of the bronchi. at the end of which are alveolus.
• Alveoli are small sacs that are the distention of breathing in