• Amsterdam is located in Holland (also known as The Netherlands)
• It is the main city and obviously it’s the capital as well
• It contains 762 0574 inhabitants (which was measured last time in 2009)
• Their official language is Dutch and the name of the people who live there is ‘Amsterdammer’.
• The main reasons why people like these city is because it is a multicultural city (and
honestly that’s pretty surprising)
• It’s full of canals and if you want to you can rent a boat to move around the city just
like in Venice!
• People there usually take their bikes to travel around the city (which is also really
interesting taking into account in Spain almost nobody uses the bike..)
• It’s full of historical buildings which are really old and small.
• Some people visit that city thinking about drugs and stuff like that because
apparently it’s legal to smoke marihuana there but it’s not as easy as people think.
• Another interesting place is the Red Light District which may seem really weird to a
person who comes from Spain but apparently it is normal in their culture.
• I recommend people who are visiting that city to look for Anna Frank’s house whose
entrance is not so expensive (and personally I found it the most interesting place all
around the city)
(Anna Frank’s house)
• Holland is well-known due to the tulips, the clogs and obviously the bikes.
• I encourage everyone to go and check this marvelous city. I bet nobody is going to
regret about it.