Brief Biography of Prophet Muhammad (saw)
Muhammad was born on Monday, the twelfth day of Rabi al-Awwal in the Year of the Elephant in
the town of Mecca. He was the first and only son of Abd Allah bin Al-Muttalib and Amina bint
Wahb. Abd Allah died before Muhammad's birth in Madina and Muhammad was raised by his
When Muhammad was five or six years old his mother took him to Yathrib, an oasis town a few
hundred miles north of Mecca, to stay with relatives and visit his father's grave there. On the return
journey, Amina took ill and died. She was buried in the village of Abwa on the Mecca-Medina Road.
and prophet Muhammad lived with his grandfather, Abdul Al-Muttalib.
Upon his grandfather's death in 578 CE, Muhammad, aged about eight, passed into the care of a
paternal uncle, Abu Talib. Muhammad grew up in the older man's home and remained under Abu
Talib's protection for many years.
When young boy, Muhammad worked as a shepherd. Impressed by Muhammad's honesty and
character, Khadija eventually proposed marriage. They were wed in about 595 CE. He was twentyfive. She was nearly forty. Muhammad continued to manage Khadija's business affairs, and their next
years were pleasant and prosperous. Six children were born to them, two sons who both died in
infancy, and four daughters.
on June 8, 632 CE he died in madina, after a brief illness. He is buried in the mosque Al-Nabawi.
1. When was the Prophet Muhammad born?
He was born on Monday, 12th Rabi Al Awwal
7. How old was Muhammad when his mother died?
Six years old.
2. Where was the Prophet Muhammad born?
8. Where did his mother take him?
She took him to Yathrib (Madinah) to visit her
3. What is the name of the Prophet's father?
Abdullah Ibn Abdul Muttalib.
9. Where did his mother die?
On her way back to Makkah, she died at Abwa and
4. What is the name of the Prophet's mother?
was buried there.
Aminah Bint Wahhab
10. Who took the charge of his care?
5. When and where did his (prophet's) father die?
His grandfather Abdul Muttalib.
He died in Madina before Muhammad was born.
6. What is the name of the Prophet's grandfather?
11. when did prophet Muhammad SAW died?
he died on June 8, 632 CE