Be the first to like this
A quick hack with Tropo.js and a Fairwaves UmSITE done by the Fairwaves and MojoLingo joint team.
The idea is to limit a duration of calls on a saturated network, but to do that politely and intelligently:
* we ensure users could speak for at least 30 seconds without interruption,
* we drop the longest call and not a random one,
* after 30 sec we politely notify them that the network is saturated and their call may be dropped,
* we actually notify them right before dropping the call,
* if demand is more than we can handle even by dropping long calls, we record who tried to call and notify them later, when the network resources becomes available again.