Active Search and Partnerships for the Inclusion of Low-income Families in Single Registry for Social Programmes
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de CidadaniaSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania Active Search and Partnerships for the Inclusion of Low-income Families in Single Registry for Social Programmes
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania ACTIVE SEARCH One of the big challenges to the eradication of extreme poverty is reaching the invisible population; in other words, those who do not access public services, are not included in social programmes, and live beyond any type of social protection networks.
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania ACTIVE SEARCH There are many reasons for this invisibility, such as: The absence of civil documents. Frequent migration. Living in areas of difficult access. Traditional and specific population groups deserve special attention during registration as many of these suffer from double exclusion as a result of poverty and discrimination against them.
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania ACTIVE SEARCH We have already introduced the concept in the first presentation and now we must expand on the idea... Special priority should be given to those in a situation of extreme poverty, in other words, families that live on a per capita income equal to or less than R$ 70.00 (seventy reais), around US$ 35.00.
WHY USE ACTIVE SEARCH?Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania To identify and register families in extreme poverty. To guarantee the identification and registration of every family in a vulnerable socioeconomic condition; especially those who reside in remote areas or urban areas of extreme violence. To facilitate access to Public Policies.
WHY USE ACTIVE SEARCH?Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania To guarantee access to social programmes according to their eligibility criteria. To update the information in the Cadastro Único . For the correct identification in the Cadastro Único of all families who belong to traditional communities or specific groups of the population.
FUNDAMENTALS OF THE ACTIVE SEARCHSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania Municipalities remain responsible for registration and this responsibility must be reinforced and supported. The Active Search must be articulated along with local cooperation from the municipality administration as well as social movements, local leaderships, and social accountability bodies. PARTNERSHIPS
PARTNERSHIPSSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania Working with partners for the identification of families that are not yet registered should imply coordination and support rather than an overlapping of efforts. Necessity for minimum standards for the exchange of information at the state, municipality, and federal levels.
PARTNERSHIPS AND ACTIVE SEARCHSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania Some forms of partnerships: 1) Participation of municipality enumerators in the programmes developed by the Partner within the community. 2) The Partner’s support so families can reach the registration area. 3)The Partner’s support so municipality enumerators can reach the community.
PARTNERSHIPS AND ACTIVE SEARCHSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania 4) Promotion of the Cadastro Único on the Partner’s material (light and telephone bills, print outs, etc.). 5) Promotion of the Cadastro Único over radio and television programmes performed by the Partner. 6) Partner’s publication of specific material about Cadastro Único (folders, posters, others). 7) Participation of the municipality enumerators in task-forces (such as for documentation) promoted by the Partner.
PARTNERSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITESSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania The responsibilities of the Cadastro Único’s State Coordinator are: To identify and establish partnerships within the State in order to ease the coordination and activities of the Active Search in the municipality. To mobilize and support the municipalities for the activities of the Active Search. To coordinate the partnerships with the municipalities for the activities of the Active Search. To strengthen the cooperation between the partners and the municipality management. To provide the Partners with information about CadÚnico and strategies for the Active Search upon request. To follow-up and monitor the programmes. To communicate the result of the activities to the Partners.
PARTNERSHIPS AND RESPONSABILITESSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania The responsibilities of the Municipality Manager are: To discuss and come to an agreement with the State Coordinator on the recommended partnership. To discuss with the Partner and come to an agreement on the form of the partnership, the strategies, and the activities schedule. To be available on the day proposed for the activity. To register the families identified by the Partner who are not included in the Cadastro Único. To communicate the result of the activity to the Partner and State Coordinator of the Cadastro Único.
PARTNERSHIPS AND RESPONSABILITIESSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania The responsibilities of the Partners are: To coordinate with the State Coordinator and the Municipality Manager of the Cadastro Único. To discuss and come to an agreement with the Municipality Manager about the nature of the partnership and the strategies that they will use for the Active Search. To inform, in advance, in which municipality the partnership will be take place, which activity will be implemented and the date. To provide their team with the activities and strategies of the Active Search for the inclusion in Cadastro Único To inform the result of the activities to the State Coordinator and the Municipality Manager of Cadastro Único.
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania SUGGESTION OF ISSUES TO BE SHARED WITH PARTNER TEAMS Information about the Cadastro Único. Information about the user Programmes of the Cadastro Único. Registry updates. Rationale for the Active Search. Partnerships. The National Secretariat for Citizenship Income (SENARC) and the Ministry of Social Development (MDS) have documents to support the Partners such as: A tutorial to be available on the Partners’ intranet. Informative bulletins. Availability for videoconferences. The State Coordination and Municipalily Management of the CadÚnico will also be able to train the partner teams.
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania ACTIVE SEARCH AND PARTNERSHIPS Possibilities for partnerships: Federal Government bodies with representation at the state level. State-level government bodies. Municipal-level government bodies. State and Municipal Councils. Municipal Organizations. Public utility providers. Civil Society Organizations. Religious communities and organizations. Media Outlets.
PARTNERSHIP AND ACTIVE SEARCH AT THESecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania COMMUNITY LEVEL Active Search activities in a partnership framework at the community level may occur in three forms: 1)The Partner accompanied by the team of municipal enumerators. 2)The Partner working alone within the community. 3)The municipal team of enumerators addresses the community on its own on the basis of information and indication provided by the Partner.
1. THE PARTNER ACCOMPANIED BY THE TEAM OFSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania MUNICIPAL ENUMERATORS Activity of the Partner within the community: The Partner and the Municipality CadÚnico Manager agree on the schedule and how to get to the community. In the community the Partner identifies which families are eligible for inclusion in the Cadastro Único and refers them to the enumerator who is in charge of registration.
1. THE PARTNER ACCOMPANIED BY THE TEAM OFSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania MUNICIPAL ENUMERATORS Activity of the Partner within the community: The Partner informs the registered families about the need to update their registration every time a change occurs within the family (change of address or school, a birth, change in income, etc.) If no change occurs, every two years from the date of their inclusion in the registry or last update, the family is MUST confirm that the specific information of all family members has remained unaltered.– Revalidation of the Registry.
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania 1. THE PARTNER ACCOMPANIED BY THE TEAM OF MUNICIPAL ENUMERATORS Activity of the Enumerators in the community: Enumerators follow the schedule agreed upon with the Partner. Enumerators conduct the registration of the families. Enumerators conduct families’ registry update. The data is entered into the system.
2. THE PARTNER WORKING ALONE WITHIN THE COMMUNITYSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania If the team of enumerators cannot participate in the activity of the Active Search, the Partner and the Municipality Manager of CadÚnico should agree on how to refer the families to the registration, which can be done in one of several ways: The Partner informs them of the date on which the enumerators will be going to the community for the registration. The Partner refers the family to the registration in the area indicated by the Municipality Manager. The Partner fills out the Formulário Simplificado (Simplified Form) and hands it in to the CadÚnico Municipality Manager. The Partner registers the family in their database and forward it to the CadÚnico Municipality Manager.
2. THE PARTNER WORKING ALONE WITHIN THESecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania COMMUNITY Within the community the Partner: Identifies families that fit the profile for inclusion in the Cadastro Único. Informs the registered families of the need to update their registry. Informs them of the date on which the municipality enumerators will go to the community for registration. Informs the families of the area for registration agreed upon with the Municipality Manager.
2. THE PARTNER WORKING ALONE WITHIN THESecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania COMMUNITY The option of filling out Formulário Simplificado allows the registration of the following information: •The family’s address and data of the family member in charge. •The full name. •The date of birth. •The mother’s name. •Personal documents. The Formulário Simplificado must be handed over to the Municipality Manager in order to verify if the families are in fact not included in the Cadastro Único and to register them if this is the case.
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania SIMPLIFIED FORM
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania 2. THE PARTNER WORKING ALONE WITHIN THE COMMUNITY Questions that help the Partner in knowing whether or not the family is registered: Is the family a beneficiary of the Bolsa Família Programme (PBF), or has it been in the past? Did the family receive a visit from a municipality employee asking questions related to their home and family members? Does the family know what NIS (Social Identification Number) is?
3. THE MUNICIPAL TEAM ON ITS OWN INSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania THE COMMUNITY Responsibilities of the Cadastro Único‘s Municipality Manager: Agree with the Partner on the date of the activity in the community so that they may inform the families and follow the schedule. Inform the Local Partner of the location the families must go to in order to register. Ask the Partners to check if the families have all the documentation necessary for registration and promote, if necessary, either before or simultaneously an activity to help the families to get their documentation.
ACTIVE SEARCH AND PARTNERSHIPSSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania The Joint Operational Instruction SENARC/SNAS/MDS nº 10 on October 25th 2011, gives orientation to the municipalities about the establishment of partnerships for Active Search at the federal and municipal levels and about the protocol for the inclusion of extremely poor families into the Cadastro Único. LINK: http://www.mds.gov.br/bolsafamilia/legislacao-1/instrucoes- operacionais/2011/Instrucao%20Operacional%20Conjunta%20Senarc %20Snas%20MDS%20no%2010%20de%2025%20Out%202011.pdf
INFORMATIONSecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania Visit the Ministry of Social Development’s site: http://www.mds.gov.br/ Information about your state and municipality Social Information Reports RI Bolsa Familia CadÚnico: http://aplicacoes.mds.gov.br/sagi/RIv3/geral/index.php The relation between the State Coordinators and Municipality Managers can be found on the site below: http://www.mds.gov.br/sistemagestaobolsafamilia/
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE CADASTRO ÚNICO’S STATESecretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania COORDINATORS AND MUNICIPALITY MANAGERS In order to find out who the State Coordinators and Municipal Managers are, all you have to do is hover the cursor over the “Estados e municípios” (States and municipalities) menu, select “Estados ou Municípios”, (States or municipalities) and click.
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE CADASTRO ÚNICO’S STATE COORDINATORS AND MUNICIPAL MANAGERS This will make the contacts of all the State Coordinators and Municipal Managers appear. Simply click on the magnifying glass next to the corresponding state or municipality to see the contacts.
INFORMATION IN THE STATE OF RIO GRANDE DO SUL (RS)Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania State Coordinator of the Cadastro Único: Carla Capitaneo Telephone number: 51-32886483 E-mail: email@example.com 30
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania ACTIVE SEARCH AND PARTNERSHIPS WARNING! Essential elements for an effective partnership: •A common objective. •Voluntary adherence to the activity. •Shared responsibility between participants of the activities. Necessary measures in order to reach the goal of the Plano Brasil Sem Miséria (Brazil without Poverty Plan) are to reinforce, reinvent, and dare. •In order to increase the income and well-being of the extreme poor families, it is necessary to locate and register them and to guarantee their access to the various programs that address their needs. 31
Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania Thank you for your time! Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadania Departamento do Cadastro Único (National Secretariat on Citizen Income Single Registry Department ) firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.061-34331500 32