Loras SMA Poster

289 views

Published on

Summary Poster for 2009 Sport Marketing Association Undergraduate Case Study Competition in Cleveland, OH (Runner-Up)

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
289
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Loras SMA Poster

  1. 1. The Charlotte Bobcats Marketing Plan<br />Kristine Mason, Jacob Hanselman, Brittany Malatt, Chad Monahan<br />Loras College<br />Overview<br />Research Poster Design Services<br />SWOT<br />Promotional Strategy<br />Target Market<br />Focal Points <br />Community relations<br />Reaching new partners<br />Strategies<br />Market research<br />Charlotte<br />NBA fans<br />Approach<br />Determine fan needs<br />Accommodate to the needs<br />Strengths<br />Brand awareness<br />TWC Arena<br />FSN TV contract<br />Weaknesses<br />Poor local image<br />Mediocre record<br />Opportunities<br />Charlotte economy<br />Development of new fans<br />Threats<br />Carolina Panthers<br />Lowe’s Motor Speedway<br />ACC Basketball<br />Community Relations<br />Player accessibility<br />Public speaking<br />Youth clinics<br />Make fans “part of team”<br />Season Ticket Holders<br />Married white males<br />30-45 years old<br />$75,000 income<br />Goals<br />Reaching Partners<br />Customize partnerships<br />Brand awareness<br />Hospitality<br />Better value<br />Short-Term<br />85% attendance<br />8,000 season tickets<br />10% first time fans<br />10% overall ticket increase<br />Long-Term<br />20% ticket increase<br />90% sell outs<br />Increase national exposure<br />Higher TV rating and share<br />Issues<br />Market Research<br />Data<br />Inappropriate collection<br />No reflection of fan needs<br />Lack of support<br />Sour taste from Hornets<br />Business partners<br />NBA Demographics<br />Charlotte Demographics<br />

×