= Instruction of God about the Staff Exodus 4:17 - But take this staff in your hand so you can perform miraculous signs with it.”
How Can God Use Christians for His Plan in the Year 2011?
1. God’s Resourcefulness Vs. 1 - Moses answered, “What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, ‘The LORD did not appear to you’?”
= How does God Show His Creativity to Moses? Vs 2 - Then the LORD said to him, “What is that in your hand?” “A staff,” he replied.
(1) With the Staff Vs. 3-4 - The Lord said, “Throw it on the ground.” Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake , and he ran from it. Then the LORD said to him, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail.” So Moses reached out and took hold of the snake and it turned back into a staff in his hand.
(2) With the Hand: Vs. 6-7 - Then the LORD said, “Put your hand inside your cloak.” So Moses put his hand into his cloak, and when he took it out, it was leprous , like snow. “Now put it back into your cloak,” he said. So Moses put his hand back into his cloak, and when he took it out, it was restored , like the rest of his flesh.
= How Does God Help Build up Moses’ Confidence in the Matter of Eloquence? Exodus 4:10 - Moses said to the LORD, “O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”
Acts 7:21-22 - When he was placed outside, Pharaoh’s daughter took him and brought him up as her own son. Moses was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in speech and action.
Exodus 4:11-12 - The LORD said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
= How Does God Handle Moses’ Last Excuse about God’s Plan? Exodus 4:13-14 - But Moses said, “O Lord, please send someone else to do it.” Then the LORD’s anger burned against Moses and he said,
“ What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and his heart will be glad when he sees you.
2. God’s Miracles Exodus 3:9-10 - I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”
= How does God Lead Moses into the Next Phase of Moses’ Life? Vs. 10 - So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.” Vs 17 - But take this staff in your hand so you can perform miraculous signs with it.”
(1) Nature of his Work Exodus 3:1 - Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.
Exodus 4:10 - So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”
(2) Expectation of his Work. Exodus 4:17 - But take this staff in your hand so you can perform miraculous signs with it.”
= How does God Lead Moses to Maintain a Sense of Expectation of God in his Future Life?
Vs. 9 - But if they do not believe these two signs or listen to you, take some water from the Nile and pour it on the dry ground. The water you take from the river will become blood on the ground.”
Exodus 6:9 - Moses reported this to the Israelites, but they did not listen to him because of their discouragement and cruel bondage.
= What does God Hint to Moses to Expect of God in the deliverance of the People of God? Exodus 3:19-20 - But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him. So I will
stretch out my hand and strike the Egyptians with all the wonders that I will perform among them. After that, he will let you go.
Ten Plagues (Exodus 7-11) (1) of Blood (2) of Frogs (3) of Gnats (4) of Flies (5) on Livestock (6) of Boils (7) of Hail (8) of Locusts (9) of Darkness (10) on the First-born.
3. God’s Staff Vs. 20 - So Moses took his wife and sons, put them on a donkey and started back to Egypt. And he took the staff of God in his hand.
= How Can the Staff of Moses Become the Staff of God? Vs. 20 - So Moses took his wife and sons, put them on a donkey and started back to Egypt. And he took the staff of God in his hand.
Exodus 4:16 - He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.
Exodus 7:1-2 - Then the Lord said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. You are to say everything I command you, and your brother Aaron is to tell Pharaoh to let the Israelites go out of his country.
= How Long did Moses Carry the Staff of God? (1) In Egypt 23-25 days before the Israelites left Egypt.
(2) In the Desert - 40 years Numbers 20:7-8 - The LORD said to Moses, “Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so they and their livestock can drink.”
= What is in Your Hand that Represents God Himself?
How Can God Use You for His Plan in the Year 2011? By God’s Resourcefulness By God’s Miracles By God’s Staff