What is a barcamp - BarCamp in Saint-Petersburg Russia 2009 (en)
Launching barCamp in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, 2009.
What is a barCamp, by
the example of
• The first BarCamp was held in Palo
Alto, California, from August 19-21,
2005, in the offices of Socialtext. It
was organized in less than one week
by Tim O'Reilly, from concept to
event, with 200 attendees. Tim O'Reilly
• The first BarCamps focuses on early-stage web
applications, and related open source technologies,
social protocols, and open data formats.
What is a barCamp
• BarCamp is an international network of user
generated conferences — open, participatory
workshop-events, whose content is provided by
• All participants are organizers.
• Web 2.0 in reality!
BarCamps have been held in
over 350 cities around the world
• The very first barcamp in Easten Europe, focusing
on post-USSR countries.
• 300 attendees.
• 9 countries.
• 60 presentations.
• 800 posts in blogs.
• 80 mentions in the Press.
• Virus ....
• Blogcamp CEE 2008 is a three-day conference in Kyiv,
Ukraine on Oct. 17-19th, which is going to gather 500
new media specialists, bloggers, start-upers and
investors from Central and Eastern Europe. Those
interested in CEE region are also welcome.
• Format: all about new media: blogs, social
media, podcasting, citizen journalism, etc.
• Ragion: Central and Eastern Europe
A bit about schedule...
• There is no the planned schedule of
appearances in advance. All participants have
been writing down their presentations on the
big empty board from the morning.
• 1 presentation — 1 cell — 30 minutes.
• 6 parallel sections.
Day 1. This is participant-
Day 2. This is participant-
• Best Ukrainian Blog Awards (BUBA).
• Investor Day and Start-up contest.
• 126 projects from 9 countries: Czechia,
Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldavia, Poland,
Russia, Romania and Ukraine. 10 projects
reached the final and have been competing in
• Seed Stage
• Early Growth Stage
• Experts: from DFJ, one of the greatest funds in the
World; Mangrove – the most succesful european
fund; ABRT from Russia, also funds from USA, Poland,
Poland, Baltic countries, UK, Luxemburg, Holland,
• 32 investors.
• 5 startups started negotiations about funding before
• 2 startups got Term Sheet.
• P-Navigator has been invested.
• Partners of Blogcamp CEE 2008 were:
Microsoft (Freedrinks ), Opera, ASUS,
• Also Yandex, Gemius, Google, Begun, Meta
UA, Rambler, Profeo, Kaspersky Lab, etc.
• Web (and the wonderful logo) – World Web
DomVsem is a real estate portal and search engine that will
deliver flexible search, accurate results, property visualization,
advanced mapping, etc.
1) unified and easily accessible storage of their medical records,
2) background check of a doctor's reputation, and
3) getting a second opinion to support diagnosis of their current
Relenta replaces five types of software by combining the
functionality of shared email, contact manager, online
calendar, task manager, and email newsletter marketing
software into one elegant CRM-like application.
is designated to unite people with similar interests and give
them an opportunity to create information, share it with
others and earn money on this.
localized social network of fashion-obsessed people. It relies on
users' interest in streetwear
is a collaborative CRM solution that is open to clients. It is a
shared collaboration space where your team and your client's
team can plan meetings, track project status, etc.
is the information processor, which helps any reader of Web to
easily work with information - to cut information (quotes,
pieces of text and/or pictures), save, organize and share these
quotes online, one-click.
is a service making iPod and iPhone devices more social. User
can generate musical recommendations
on-the-go right from her iPod
is a tool for professional information search and retrieval. It runs
on top of existing search engines, analyzing, enhancing and
restructuring their results and providing end-users with
to provide easy-to-use on-demand solution to build and manage
niche social networks for businesses and organizations. They
have already tested alpha product at the Russian market
(http://vsevteme.ru/) and collected positive customer
references in this segment.
• Hippocrat (Seed Stage)
• ClienteQ (Early Growth Stage).
• Winners get invitations at Silicon Valley Open
BarCamp will be in Saint-
Petersburg, Russia in 2009!
Join to organize or attend!
• Russia is not only oil, gaz and the Kremlin!
• Saint-Petersburg is not only culture capital of Russia
and the biggest science and educational centre...
• Russia is new features and new perspectives...
• Saint-Petersburg is the cradle of innovations in Russia!
• New media: blogs, social media and social networks,
microblogging, podcasting, online broadcasting, etc.
• Disruptive and advanced technologies (virtual worlds,
Enterprise 2.0, Semantic Web, mashups, etc).
• Innovations and investment in the Internet start-ups.
• You will be able to find like-minded persons.
• You will be able to talk with and listen to professionals.
• Find or build new teams and new projects on the event.
If you want to participate in organizing of the Event, let
me know — Vitaly Vlasov, email@example.com