Detective Story : Who is the murderer?
Description of the Activity
This activity would enable the students to think critically and would
therefore allow each member of the group to share and think of different
ways in solving the problem. And so, before the time is up, each group
should be able to solve the mystery.
1. To develop and refine critical thinking skills in order to make the
most out of the information and experiences that surround students in their
2. To promote positive interaction among diverse group of
3. To learn that they could depend on each other in a positive
way that would be beneficial for the whole group.
4. To be able to share and at the same time accept feedbacks
from other group members.
1. 10 minutes for solving the problem (sharing of each member).
2. 5 minutes for discussing the answer to the problem.
1. Detective story handout
1. Divide the class into groups of four students each.
2. After dividing the class into groups, the facilitators will give out
copies of the detective story handout.
3. Each group will be given 10 minutes to solve and find out the
answers on the questions in the handout.
4. 5 minutes would be used to let the winning group explain the
strategy they used to be able to answer the questions.