Mobile security new challenges practical solutions
Mobile Security: New Challenges;
Alex Wolfe, Editor-in-Chief, InformationWeek.com
• Is the smartphone the new laptop?
Nokia C6 Guess Who?
• When it comes to deploying enterprise apps
on smartphones, security is the elephant in
One Size Fits All?
• “[Companies] go crazy putting security on
their laptops, and then they have a BlackBerry
where they'll ratchet up the security. But then
they'll come over to the iPhone, and they'll
break all the rules.“
Coming: Locked-down devices?
• Enterprise customers don't want all the
applications the carriers are putting on the
smartphone. They want a plain-vanilla device,
with specific settings and apps, which can
sustain a hard reset. This enables you to bring
a mission-critical app back up easily if there's
a lockup or failure in the field.
• Jay Barbour, Security Advisor, BlackBerry
Security Group, Research In Motion
• Khoi Nguyen, Group Product Manager, Mobile
Security and Management Group, Symantec
• Ryan Naraine, Senior Security Evangelist,
• David Perry, Global Director of Education,
Trend Micro, Inc.