What is social networking?
A social networking service is an
online service,platform,or site
that focuses on building and
reflecting of social networks or
social relation among people
who, for example,share interest
Wikipedia states that a social network
is”…..a social structure made of
nodes(which are generally of individuals
or organisations that are tied of one or
more specific type of relation”…..(social
What are social networking sites?
Social network sites are web-based services
that allow individuals to create a public
profile, to create a list of users with whom
to share connections, and view and cross
the connections within the system.
No.of users:-100 millions
Revenue:-US $385 million(2009 est.)
Revenue from:- Advertisement, google Adsense
No. of users:- 120 millions
Revenue from:- advertisement
1. To examine how social media has impacted upon key issues
such as politics and privacy.
2. To become part of daily life by becoming a complete
3. Bring people and business on same page to deliver service.
4. Creat a usefull and enjoyable online experience so that user’s
Advantages of Social networking Sites:-
1. World wide connectivity
2. Commanality of interest
3. Real-time information sharing
4. Free advertising
5. Increased news cycle speed
of social networking sites:-
1.Face-to-face connections are
2.Risks of fraud or identity Theft