Thinking like a researcher…
1. Variables- What are the variables of your study?
2. What are your independent variables? What are your dependent variables?
3. Examples of nominal, ordinal, and (interval, ratio)- nominal vs. continuous variables
4. Is your dissertation purely quantitative? Why?
5. Population vs. Sample – What is your population? Example of a sample?
6. Descriptive vs. Inferential Statistics? What are examples of each in your study?
1. Using SPSS please create the following categories- Gender, Patient Satisfaction, Nurse Empathy
Scale. Please label, code, and input the data for all data.
2. Run Frequency Analysis
3. Find your data set.
Mode, Median, Mean – What does it mean?
Range- What does it tell you?
(highest-lowest) + 1
4. Please run a test to see whether or not the means of two scores are significantly different from
each other and report the mean, standard deviation, and whether or not they are significant
from each other below.
1. Run a test to see whether or not your variables correlate? Please explain?