Where are your prospects?
• What pains do they have?
• What’s their emotional state?
• What is there level of desire?
Where do they want to go?
• How will your product or service help them get
• Are you talking about your product or service in a
way that they can make the connection?
• Is your message strategically moving them from
where they are to where they want to be?
The Gap Strategy
• Purpose: Help the prospect realize that they NEED
your service to get from where they’re at to where
they want to be
• When: In face-to-face selling situations or via video
(not good via email)
• Who: Service businesses
Not have to work
$60k/yr * 30yrs = 1.8M
+ $500k home
$100k annual salary
Save $50k for 10 yrs
$200k in home equity
$100k in 401k
55 yr old man
Stock MarketRetirement AccountsBondsStart own businessIt’s too lateYou’re screwed!
Mountain Man Strategy
• Purpose: Build trust over time
• When: As a follow up to email optin
• Who: Service businesses or high priced products
“You Win” Strategy
• Purpose: To qualify leads in a way that makes them
feel like they’ve won something special
• When: Lots of traffic, need to filter the good from the
bad. Or when you have limited staff and need to
focus on best leads first.
• Who: All
Steps to “You Win”
• Create custom fields for all responses
• Create an action set that “Sets a field to a specific
value” for each option for each response
• Set up your decision node to handle each option
• Run the action sets in the sequences
Talk to your
Ask Strategic Questions
• Before you purchased, what were you looking for?
• Describe the problem you were trying to solve.
• Where did you look to find solutions?
• What feelings were you experiencing?
• How was your personal life affected?
Ask Strategic Questions
• If you had chosen a competing product, which one?
• What could be better about our product?
• How do you feel now that your problem is solved?
• Good Clients
• Fair resolution
• Needed someone to help me with the confusing
• Get medical bills taken care of
• Bad Clients
• Someone to fight for me
• Needed to get out of a terrible financial situation
• Get back at who did this to me, revenge
Email Writing 101
• Who is it coming from? (make the connection)
• Use pattern interrupts
• Send personal emails based on behavior
• “I noticed you visited our website…”
• The Power of One
• Write to one person, not the list. Be specific about who that
person is and write the same way you would to that person.
know where your prospects
are and where they want
• Opt In for a free report on a site that sells movie
• Watch an automated webinar from a company that
sells iPhone cases
• Buy now at 10% off from a company that sells legal
Reduce Buying Friction
• Up-Down-Up Method
• Beat Them To It Method
• Free Trial Method
• Build up massive perceived value of your solution.
• Offer it at an irresistible price
• Have an upsell into a higher priced product/service
Beat Them To It Method
• Anticipate sales objections.
• Address them proactively.
• Then when you extend your offer, there’s no reason
for them not to buy
Free Trial Method
• Offer a way for your prospects to get the benefit of
your product or service without having to pay for it.
• Ensure they get the benefit and that they’ll have to
start paying to continue receiving the benefit.
Other Key Metrics
• Standard: Revenue, Leads, etc.
• Conversion: From stage to stage (by lead source &
• Cost Per Lead (by lead source & campaign)
• Customer Acquisition Cost (by lead source & campaign)
• Retention (by lead source & campaign)
Subject 1: How tradition may
be hurting those you love
Subject 2: Don’t shoe your
horse until you know ALL
Version 2: 99% more clicks
Version 2: 104% more optins
785 total new leads
• Start where you get the most traffic
• Do something drastic. Beware of the law of diminishing
• Use a tracking tool (Google Expirements) to measure
• Report your findings with your team.
• Success is contagious.
• Successful campaigns aren’t built in tools.
• They’re created through a systematic process of
identifying where your prospects are and where they
want to go and then helping them get there.
• Actually building your campaign is the last step after
actually determining how the campaign will be
11 Big Ideas to Double
Your Sales in 12
Tonight at 7pm
Get a ticket at the
Box Out Marketing Booth