Free Ways to Drive Website Traffic • Eight Simple Tips: • Content • Comment • Discussions • Tweetchats • Social Bookmarking • Support • Be Active • Answer QuestionsImage from: http://newwebsitetrafficsecrets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/helpful_tips.jpg
1. Author Informative & Interesting Blogs• Blog posts• SEO benefit – Link to your social profiles from your blog• Interest in your business• Conversation around your ideas
2. Comment on Other Blogs• Connections in your niche• Thoughtful comments• Earn respect
3. Participate in Discussion Forums• Online communities • Search Google • Forum: sales pros • Sales professional forums • Best sales pro forum• Web address in signature• Thought leadership• Success = Regularity & value
4. Participate in Tweetchats • www.TweetChat.com • Group conversations • Subject, theme or idea • Many participants • User controls to filter out spammy Twitter usersImage from: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/258/e/e/new_twitter_bird_vector_by_eagl0r-d2yth6g.png
5. Use Social Bookmarking Services • StumbleUpon • Digg • DeliciousImages from: StumbleUpon: http://increaserss.com/wp-content/uploads/Stumbleupon_traffic.png, Digg: http://www.source3marketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/digg2.png, Delicious:http://www.interactiveinsightsgroup.com/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/delicious_256x256.jpg
6. Engage In Facebook/Google+ Conversations • Search • Like • EngageImage from: http://colorsofashion.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/breast-cancer-ribbon.jpg
10 Blogs You Should Follow• Small Business Trends: www.smallbiztrends.com• Infusionsoft: www.infusionblog.com• American Express OPEN Forum: www.openforum.com• Mashable: www.mashable.com• Copyblogger: www.copyblogger.com• Chris Brogan: www.chrisbrogan.com/• Convince & Convert: www.convinceandconvert.com/• Ducttape: www.ducttapemarketing.com/blog• MarketingProfessor.com: www.MarketingProfessor.com• SEO Moz: www.seomoz.org/blog
WordPress – Popular PlatformImage from: http://web3mantra.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/landingpage-design15.jpg, http://madisonjacobs.wordpress.com/wp-admin/index.php
Fresh & Attractive Content• New products/services• Promotions• Thought leadership• Guests posts• Common misconceptions• Educational• News• Fun & personal
From Offline to Online• Video Interviews • Attendees • Speakers • Customers• Blog Posts • Highlights of the event • What you learned • Elaborate on speakers’ topics QR Code• Ongoing Twitter Conversations• FAQ Section
Discussion (Groups)Considering key actions from this session:• What is the most useful idea for you?• Which idea would take some time and work, but would be worth implementing?• Which idea would take additional planning but you are confident would have great long- term benefit to your business?
Discussion FeedbackWhat were things discussed at your table?
Attract Traffic with Content and Social Media Thank You! @Travisnow