Personal Branding-How to Discover & Create Your Own Brand By: Ankur Patel CEO- Infotrex Services Pvt. Ltd. Mobile:+91-937-613-3927 USA:+1-313-447-1275
History• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_branding Personal branding is the process whereby people and their careers are marked as brands.• It has been noted that while previous self-help management techniques were about self-improvement, the personal branding concept suggests instead that success comes from self-packaging.• Further defined as the creation of an asset that pertains to a particular person or individual; this includes but is not limited to the body, clothing, appearance and knowledge contained within, leading to an indelible impression that is uniquely distinguishable.• The term is thought to have been first used and discussed in a 1997 article by Tom Peters• Tom Peters – See: http://www.tompeters.com
Why Personal Branding?• You are Unique in this World
Why Personal Branding?• You Like it or Not, You have to “Sell Yourself” to your parents, teachers, employers, friends etc.
Why Personal Branding?• When you sell something – Brand is the most sought after by everyone in the world.
We are Social AnimalsNo Matter what technology will come in future – these 3 things will always be true:• We love to talk to humans and not machines• We love to work with people we trust• We love to work with knowledgeable people
We are Social Animals• As per Wikipedia: – Personal branding has continued to gain in popularity as a tool to manage reputation online, especially though social networking sites like Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
Reading• Schawbel, Dan (2009). "The Brand Called You". Me 2.0: Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success. Kaplan Publishing.• http://www.inc.com/30under30/2010/profile-dan-schawbel- millennial-branding.html
Home Work• Study these 2 Sites: 1. http://www.tompeters.com
Home Work2. http://www.personalbrandingblog.com
You can always Start Small• Many people think that personal branding is just for celebrities. –NO It’s NOT.• We can build brand equity just like them.
4 Steps Process of Personal Branding 1. Discover Your Brand 2. Create Your Brand 3. Communicate Your Brand 4. Maintain Your Brand
1. Discover Your Brand• Discover Your Brand = Find Your Passion• If you like to do something for whole of your life and find it very enjoyable• To know if you’ve discovered your brand, you need to make this equation equal: Your self-impression = How people perceive you
2. Create Your Brand1. Business Cards2. Resume/cover letter/references document3. Portfolio4. Linkedin profile5. Facebook profile6. Twitter Profile7. Video Resume8.Professional Looking Clothes9. Email Address & Website
3. Communicate Your Brand• Publish regular article/blog/news/press release etc. on your website• Spread your content in Social Sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube
4. Maintain Your Brand• Regularly Read Latest News/Articles of your Industry• Keep in touch with other experts of your field and ask for their opinions
4. Maintain Your Brand• Basically Keep your knowledge updated & publish updated knowledge regularly – Do point No. 3 Again – “Communicate Your Brand”
Good Links• http://mashable.com/2009/02/05/personal-branding- 101/
Good Links• http://mashable.com/2009/02/12/personal-branding- 102/
Good Links http://mashable.com/author/dan-schawbel/
Branding – Google Case Study• http://www.rohitbhargava.com/2011/03/5- branding-secrets-you-can-learn-from-google.html
Thanks for your Time Contact Details www.infotrex.com Lets Get Social: Ankur PateL http://in.linkedin.com/in/ankurpatelinfotrexCEO ,Infotrex Services Pvt. Ltd. http://www.facebook.com/ankurpatel78 Ahmedabad 380009Phone Numbers: Lets be in touch through Chat:USA : +1- 313 - 447- 1275 Yahoo:ankurpateL78India : 011-91-9376133927 MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org AOL:phpseoguru Skype:phpseoguru