• Library Services and NHS support
• The Academic Health Science Centre – What is it?
Imperial College Healthcare Trust
Aims and objectives
• Developing Library Support
Library Services and NHS Support
• Brent Teaching Primary Care Trust
• Central and North West London (CNWL) NHS Foundation Trust
• Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• Ealing Primary Care Trust
• Hammersmith and Fulham Primary Care Trust
• Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
• Kensington and Chelsea Primary Care Trust
• Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals NHS Trust
• West London Mental Health NHS Trust
• Westminster Primary Care Trust
Supporting 10 NHS Trusts across 5 Imperial College medical
Library Services to the NHS
• On-site access to e-journals, books.
• Provide information Literacy support through
The Academic Health Science Centre
• Bringing better healthcare and innovation through Translational Research
• On October 1, 2007 the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust was formed by
merging St Mary’s NHS Trust and Hammersmith Hospitals NHS Trust and
integrating with the faculty of medicine at Imperial College London
• The Academic Health Science Centre was born
Aims and Objectives
• Provide the highest quality healthcare to our community.
• Attract and retain a world class workforce.
• Develop a modern environment through investment in facilities and new
• Ensure excellence in the use of our resources.
• Be a world leader in research, teaching and
Developing Library Support
• Good position to develop on existing service level agreement
• Getting involved in projects with research teams
• Analyse existing skills of staff
• Access to online resources
• Changing roles, where do we fit?
• Building relationships with teams
• ‘Staying in the loop’