Cost of iPhone Apps - InfoBeans iPhone app development practice
How much will it cost to
build my iPhone app?
• Your dilemma
• What is the range that I can expect?
• What do we do for you?
• What increases iPhone development cost?
• What reduces iPhone development cost?
• Who owns the app?
• Apple’s role
• Contact informa6on
<< Your Dilemma
What will How
I get in much do
return? I have a you get?
iPhone app Apple
it cost? anything?
<< Cost range
What is the cost?
$100s ‐ $10,000s
It depends on what you are trying to build
What do we do for you?
Start with the Graphic Technical Quality with updates
Development to the app
concept design design Assurance &
<< Reasons for higher cost
What increases the cost?
• Anima6on and graphics beyond what is built in
• As a thumb rule, graphics and anima6on in apps built by Apple on your
iPhone (SMS, photo gallery, SeXngs, Stocks, Weather) are mostly built in
• Custom graphics, mostly in games are not built in and require extra eﬀort
• Interac6on with a back end server/web service requires a li]le bit
more eﬀort as opposed to storing data on the iPhone
• Mul6ple itera6ons
• A 6ght 6meline
• Complex data interac6ons and calcula6ons
<< These reduce cost
What can help reduce cost?
• You have a clear idea of what is the end result and can create
screen shots for the same
• Exis6ng code in another language
• You already have an app built for another pla`orm or for the web
• You require to port the applica6on to the iPhone
• Low on graphics and non standard anima6on
• Or you have a good chunk of the graphics done already
• You can push out non essen6al features to next versions
<< IP & ownership
OK – so who owns the app?
You own the source code and all the rights to the app
<< Payment terms
What are the payment terms?
• 50% advance before we start the app
• 50% when we deliver the ﬁnal build to you, without the
• You will be able to test out the app on your phone with this build
• We will send you the source code as soon as the full payment is
• At this point, we can also help you put the app on the app store
<< Apple’s role
Great – I like you, but what is Apple’s role?
• Apple owns the app store
• If your app is free, Apple does not charge you anything
• If you charge for your app, Apple keeps 30%, you get 70%
• We do NOT get anything from Apple , but we are happy that
• There is no recurring charge to submit apps to the app store
• You will have to sign up for Apple’s SDK – one 6me $99 fee
<< BoAom line
• Go ahead and work on your idea with us
• We are here to help you achieve your goals
• If you are convinced of your idea or concept you stand to gain
a lot with a li]le bit of investment
• The next slide has our contact informa6on
<< Get in touch
Get in touch
1 888 4INFOBEANS (1 888 446 3623)
And, if you insist
2410 Camino Ramon, Suite 288
San Ramon, CA 94583