3. See InﬂuxDB tasks in action in this session. We’ll cover how to get
started with tasks, how to set up invokable scripts, and look at some
ways to use them.
Senior Product Manager, InﬂuxData
InﬂuxDB Tasks Demonstration
Platform Product Manager at InﬂuxData with a Cloud Infrastructure
and Networking background working at companies like MuleSoft,
Salesforce and Ericsson.
6. Using Tasks
Trigger Actions -
Tasks are a powerful automation tool:
● Queries run on the platform without the
need for any additional hardware, or OS
provisioning on customer infra.
● Run repetitive tasks like downsampling or
checking for error conditions and alerting
● Power of Flux - Query buckets, external
data, join data, compute data, trigger
actions, save to buckets, alert
Using Invokable Scripts
● API Invokable scripts can be triggered to run Flux logic from applications
or workﬂow tools.
● Tasks can invoke scripts - improving Tasks management at scale.
Create N Tasks passing
parameters to invoke the Script
Modify script to update Task logic
Create a reusable
and invokable Flux
Driving Flux logic re-use on the platform
Invoke the script from your
8. See Tasks in Action
1. Walk through a simple downsampling Task
2. Run Tasks at scale with scripts
3. Create and invoke a useful script on demand