Open restaurant –cross check
1. Is music playing and is it at an optimum
2.Is the air condition on and restaurant is cool
3.Is the restaurant clean and set for service ?
4.Is the station holder [waiter] present next to the
5.Is the hostess at entrance?
Service sequence and
• Step 1:
- Guest approaches the entrance of the restaurant
- Hostess opens the door and greets
“Good Afternoon sir/ madam ,welcome to the
-Hostess leads to the table .if hostess is busy
,waiter approaches guest ,wishes and leads to
o . “THIS WAY ,PLEASE”
o While seating the guest ,pull seat for as many
guests as possible.
o STEP: 2
o Self introduce with a smile .
o “Good afternoon sir (or) Madam (if not
wished earlier ,allow me to introduce ,I
am............ I would be taking care of you this
o “Would you like to have room temperature or
• Guest replies the choice of waiter, notes and ......
• “Are you expecting any guest ,sir (or)madam”
• Depending on what guest replies ,return to side station and
place water jug back ,pick a salver and approach table.
o Allow me to remove the extra cover,sir/madam”
remove the extra cover and while doing so.
o For lunch we have....................................
......................announce the menu......................
shall i serve the same, sir/madam?”
• remove the extra cover and if the menu is lengthy...,
• For lunch ,we have an elaborate menu as listed .[point to the
menu card on the table ].i shall be right back to take your
• step4: waiter returns to the table with a note pad in
hand to take the order [if menu is elaborate]
o “my i take your order , sir/ madam”
• After guests makes the choice and waiter noting down
o “Allow me to repeat your order , sir /madam”
• Waiter repeats the order and says,
o “Thank you , sir/madam”
o -waiter places the order and returns with dinner plates ,
o “May I , sir/madam” and place the dinner plates in front
of the guest appropriate position
• Waiter then brings food ordered in appropriate
• “allow me,sir/madam” and place the them on the
table by announcing the names of the dishes
• -quickly after placing the dishes, waiter to dispose
salver and return to table to serve,
• Waiter serves the food by announcing the name of
the dish and at the appropriate position on the
• After two servings of each dish “may i serve a
little more, sir/madam?”
• After the guest as had two spoonfuls , waiter to
approach the table and ask the guests, “hope
you are enjoying the food?”
• Keep replenishing until the guest is done with
the course...and when the indiction of finishing
the meal is seen among all guests, do the
• STEP 6:
-Waiter approaches the table,
o “may clear the plates,sir/madam”and on approval
starts to do the clearance as per the standards
-waiter removes dinner plates, side plates , used and
unused silver of all guests at one go
-quickly after disposing the clearance , waiter
returns to the table with a salver and removes all
the food serving the bowls , and cruet set
• Waiter to return with the serviette folded as per
standard and a side plate and crumbs the table
and places the desert indcation in the correct
• “excuse me sir/madam”/”allow mw
sir/madam”/”may i?please”etc..are to be used
as per required.
• Also the waiter shall engage in short
conversation, if the guest is not conversing
,with any of the following dialogues......
• “Hope you enjoyed the food
• After the table is set for the dessert , waiter to
serve the pre plated dessert from the right of
the guest with the help of a salver (if
• “here is the lovely’name of the dessert’...!” and
place the dessert in front of the guest .
• Waiter shall keep the invoice ready at the side
table and when the host is done with the
dessert, approach the table with invoice in a
folder, place it on the right of the host.
• “at your convenience. Sir or madam”
• Waiter approaches the table, when all have
finished with the dessert and remove the
dessert plate/dish with under liner.
• “may i ?,sir/madam” and on approval starts to
do the clearence as per the standards.
• Also enquire, “hope u relished the dessert?
• Waiter shall settle the bill when host attends to
it and waits for the guests to make a attempt to
leave. when they do so.
• “may i ?, sir/madam” and helps as many guests
as possible to pull the chair.
• “Thank you very much sir/madam”/”it was
pleasure serving you”/”hope to see you again