Driven by the vitality and strong growth of the Chinese market, Citroen unveiled the CXR
Concept at the 2014 Beijing Motor Show. The new concept car is a contemporary take on the
SUV, informed by Citroen's key values of strong design, outstanding comfort drawing on all the
brand's expertise, and technological choices focused on efficiency.
The Citroen CXR Concept previews the first SUV developed by the joint venture between
Citroen and the Dongfeng Motor Group, set to win new customers in a fastgrowing segment in
China, with sales of nearly three million units in 2013, up 50% on 2012.
STRONG AND ELEGANT DESIGN
The Citroen CXR Concept features instantly recognisable compact styling, with an assertive
SUV look combining elegance and robustness. The elegant air is created through harmonious
proportions and meticulous style lines, while the concept car's robust character is underscored
by its width and by functional and aesthetic attributes that forge its SUV identity.
The design of the Citroen CXR Concept stands out with:
● A wide chromefinished grille linking the chevrons to the headlamps to emphasise its
● LED daytime running lights enhancing the front light signature for even stronger
● Front optics featuring a double module and indicators to underscore the car's hightech
● A Cshaped side signature providing a visual link between the roof bars and
chromefinished waistline, highlighting the roominess inside,
● 3Deffect rear lights combined with a chromefinished dual tailpipe lending extra vitality to
the generous rear forms.
Raised ground clearance and large, 17inch wheels shod with All Seasons tyres to take on
whatever the road has to offer with optimum comfort and safety,The concept car's protective
and robust SUV nature is underscored by specific design attributes:
● Front and rear fairing and wheel arch embellishers blending style and body protection,
● Red side décor and wingmirror housings underlining the car's dynamic qualities and
The Citroen CXR Concept also possesses elegant body styling characterised by:
● An ideal lengthtoheight ratio (1.79 m x 1.56 m) for perfectly balanced proportions,
● Body length limited to 4.26 m for more agile manoeuvring,
● The longest wheelbase in the category, at 2.65 m providing exceptional roominess,
particularly in the back seats.
COMFORT IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES: CITROEN KNOWHOW
With its technological and sensory approach to comfort, the Citroen CXR Concept
demonstrates all of Citroen's expertise in bringing drivers and passengers an incomparable
feeling of safety and wellbeing.
Citroen CXR Concept drivers enjoy impressive visual comfort thanks to a natural, saloonstyle
driving position and raised ground clearance providing a commanding view of the road for
complete peace of mind at the wheel.
Road comfort is ensured by the suspension settings that draw on all of Citroen's knowhow to
bring drivers a feeling of total control at the wheel while effortlessly absorbing all road
All the occupants enjoy travelling comfort and wellbeing thanks to the car's large wheelbase
the longest in the segment providing outstanding spaciousness in the front and rear seats alike.
The Citroen CXR Concept is also strong on sensory comfort, with its large glass panoramic
roof that floods the cabin with soft, filtered light.
TECHNOLOGICAL CHOICES FOR EXTRA EFFICIENCY
The Citroen CXR Concept is equipped with the highestperformance technologies to enhance
traction while reducing the car's environmental footprint.
The concept car is fit with Grip Control technology, which, combined with the All Seasons tyres,
manages the grip of the wheels in line with the nature of the road surface. The result is optimal
traction on all types of ground without resorting to a fourwheeldrive system that would increase
fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
The Citroen CXR Concept features cuttingedge technologies and special design approaches to
reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions:
● The powertrain combines a THP 160 petrol engine equipped with the Stop&Start system
and a latestgeneration automatic gearbox, boosting driving pleasure and comfort while
reducing fuel consumption,
● The weight reduction that was a key focus in the design of the concept car, reflected in
topquality road manners for an SUV and a drastic cut in fuel consumption and CO2