How to Flash Custom ROM on
What is a Custom ROM?
As we all know Android is an Open Source
Project which means developers are free to use
the stock firmware/ROM and customized it
according to his/her choices, which makes it
look good from the Stock ROMs. As compare to
Stock ROMs they are highly Customized and
Popular Custom ROMs?
Paranoid Android (www.paranoidandroid.co)
And Many More…. Just Google Search or Look
at xda-developers.com these were the most
popular and I have used them.
Why Use Custom ROMs?
• Frequently Updated (Bugs are fixed as
• Gives you the opportunity to try the latest
version of Android OS even on a low end
• Introduced with latest features
• Built-in tweaks which improves the overall
performance of your device.
• And Many More…….
• Most of the time Root Access is Required.
• Custom Recovery ClockworkMod/TWRP
Recovery must be installed in order to Flash
• First thing, Download the Correct Custom
ROM for your Specific Device/Model Number.
• Most of the Custom ROMs need Gapps
(Google Apps i.e Google Search, Play Store,
Gmail and so on), So Download Gapps.
• Make a Backup of Your System, Apps, and
• You can use Titanium Backup to Backup
Everything, Nandroid Backup is highly
recommended, You can also take it using
• Before you start installing Custom ROM, it is
highly recommended that you’ve got good
enough battery charge on your device.
How to Install Custom ROM?
Now when you’ve learnt the basics about Custom
ROMs, its now time to understand How to Flash
Custom ROM Using Custom Recovery.
• Transfer the Custom ROM and Gapps zip files to
• Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode
by Pressing and Holding the “Volume
Up+Home+Power” simultaneously for a few
seconds and you should the recovery menu, of
TWRP or CWM Recovery.
• You’ll be using the Volume Up/Down buttons to
navigate between the options and Power button to
select the desire option.
• Perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select ‘Yes’
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
• Head over to the "Install" or "Install ZIP from SD Card"
section of your recovery.
• Browse the storage directory where you’ve placed the
files and confirm to flash it.
• Use the same method to Flash Gapps package.
• Once all steps are successfully completed,
head back to main menu and select the option
Reboot or Reboot System Now.