1. Scope of the ProjectSimple – Application with offline data and no serverside interaction – 2 to 4 weeks
1. Scope of the ProjectMedium - Application with list based/organized staticdata with server side interaction – 4 to 8 weeks
1. Scope of the ProjectComplex – involving database, CRM, web, payment orsocial media integration – 8 to 12 weeks
2.Design and Graphics Graphics and design heavy applications need plenty of time for conceptualization and execution
3. Requirements DocumentationAffects Time Companies that have internal IT teams are pretty good at gathering their iPhone app requirements and documenting them.
3. Requirements DocumentationAffects Time But smaller companies need help to do this.
3. Requirements DocumentationAffects Time It’s a lot of hard work to pin down the requirements and document. Once the scope of work, requirements and milestones are put down in a Statement of Work
4. Integration with Third PartySystems Web, CRM, payment gateway or third party integrations take time. Most integrations need APIs to be developed
5. Testing the iPhone app Testing takes care of the quality of the app and ensures that users don’t face issues after the app is launched on the App Store.
5. Testing the iPhone app Generally, testing takes about 10 to 15% of the total development time.
5. Testing the iPhone app It depends on the complexity, number of features, integrations with third party systems and whether it’s using location awareness…
6. App Changes and Maintenance A word of caution, app needs may change after launch and new features may be added.
6. App Changes and Maintenance In many cases, apps require continuous maintenance.
6. App Changes and Maintenance From Angry Birds to Cut The Rope, Foursquare and Evernote, apps evolve and many layers on creativity, innovation and gameplay came up with user feedback or utility upgrades.
How Long it Took to Developsome Popular iPhone Apps Twitterrific took 100k – 250k to develop with the effort being 1500 hours. Twiterrific is a simple app to use with a minimal set of features.
How Long it Took to Developsome Popular iPhone Apps The Official Barack Obama App was developed in 500-1000 hours. This is nothing but a basic listing app with info and news about Obama.
Impiger Mobile’s Sample Apps Project Duration /Category Description Example Timeline Application with offline data and Headache Journal OnSimple 2 weeks – 4 weeks no server side interaction the itunes store Application with list Multiview Guides OnMedium based/organized static data with 4 weeks – 8 weeks the itunes store server side interaction Application with heavy server interaction displaying dynamic MySocialMania OnComplex 8 weeks – 12 weeks data and social networking the itunes store integration Application replicating enterprise business processes, Shopping SalesVu On the itunesEnterprise Automation 12 weeks – 20 weeks Cart, eCommerce, Payment store Integration etc.
For Detailed Reading click here: How Much Time does it take to Develop an iPhone App?http://www.impigermobile.com/how-much-time- does-it-take-to-develop-an-iphone-app/
100+ Mobile apps developed on iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, AndroidWant to Develop an App? Talk to us Phone : 1-972-375-6301 Fax: 1-888-779-2899 Email: email@example.com 1130 East Arapaho, Suite 590,Richardson, Texas -75081, USA. www.impigermobile.com