Virtual Field Trip
Hangout with the
Who Are You?
Virtual Field Trip
• Kathy’s Katch is a monthly blog post from Kathy Schrock that provides great resources and ideas to
support teaching and learning.
• What’s the 4-1-1? This the monthly webinar series highlights 4 integration strategies for using
Discovery Education, 1 educational program and 1 hot topic. Each webinar allows you to walk away
with a bag full of new tips, tricks and resources.
• #DENChat is a weekly Twitter chat organized by members of the Discovery Educator Network. You
do not have to be a Twitter user to view the tweets, but to participate, you need a Twitter account.
• #ff (Follow Friday) Looking to expand your Personal Learning Network and find great educators to
follow on Twitter? We’ll share several great educators to follow.
• DENapalooza is a professional development tour that is stopping in 10 locations across North
America. It is a full day professional development opportunity for educators. This free event
includes formal presentations combined with an unconference to enhance the learning and
networking of attending educators.
• Featured Board – Take a look at this week’s Featured Board created with Discovery Education
• Spotlight on Strategies - This S.O.S series provides help, tips, and tricks for integrating DE media
into your curriculum.
• Getting Started with Twitter webinar - If you’d like to get started with Twitter or learn more, join Chad
Lehman, DEN Community Manager, for this hands-on, 60 minute webinar.
• Autodesk Virtual Field Trip
• 50 Board Builder Ideas - Looking for 50 ways to use Discovery Education Board Builder with your
students? Check out this blog post.
• Using Google Hangouts to Connect - Join us on a Google Hangout to learn how other educators are
using Google Hangouts to connect with other educators and learn from each other.
• Hangout with the DENvisory Board - Join the members of the DENvisory Board for this hangout.
• Museum of Science Virtual Field Trip - Join other classrooms for a virtual field trip to the Museum of
Science on Boston. This event will explore the natural and human-made world through the lens of
engineering. Come with your questions ready as we spark your students' interest in STEM fields.
• DEN’s Favorite Things
• DEN Fall VirtCon - The DEN Fall Virtual Conference is a free professional development event for
educators to learn about the most effective ways to integrate digital media into their instructional
practices. The sessions will be broadcast online, but you can attend either from your own home or
at one of the many face-to- face (F2F) events around the world.
• DENZone Podast - Hosted by DEN STAR David Fischer, this podcast series interviews DEN
members and educational leaders about hot topics in the field of educational technology.
• DEN Reads Book Study
• When the Smartest Person in the Room Isn’t in the Room with Hall Davidson
• State of the DEN - Join DEN Global Director Porter Palmer as she updates the DEN Community on
current happenings and future opportunities for the DEN.