Choose a new CD that you have listened to or bought recently. Write a review of it for the other students
in the class.
1. Write notes to complete the table.
Name of group/singer:
Style of music:
People in group/instruments:
Why you like/dislike the group:
Favourite song(s) on this CD:
What you liked about it:
Adjectives to describe the music:
Least favourite song(s):
What you didn't like about it:
Adjectives to describe it:
Changes from previous CDs:
It's worth/not worth buying.
2. Use your notes to write a short draft of CD review. Look at the ‘film review’ on page 62 as the
example to write the CD review.
Use these linking words:
addition: plus/also/as well
examples: like/such as/for example
3. Ask your partner to check it for mistakes.
4. Put your reviews on the wall or pass them round the class.
5. Do you agree with the other students' CD reviews? Vote on the best recent CD.
6. tell the class their opinions about the reviews.
I agreed with the review about Robbie William's latest CD. I liked the variety of songs but I
didn 't like... I didn 't agree with the review of Beyoncé 's latest CD. I thought it was really
7. vote on the best new CD and count the votes on the board.