INCOMPLETE SENTENCES / SPEAKING
1. Can you hear what he is ________________?
2. She hasn’t come home ____________________
3. I ______________ TV yesterday evening.
4. We live _____________ the city centre.
5. She looks _____________ a famous film star
6. This television gives you the ______________________ news.
7. I only __________________ one mistake in last night’s test.
8. I want you to tell me the ____________________ truth.
9. He is looking ____________________ a present to buy his girlfriend.
10. That’s what I would like ______________________ Christmas.
11. The train to Rotterdam ____________________ at 6 pm sharp.
12. Have you heard that Mrs Andrews ________________ from the board of
13. This exercise was very difficult and I finally ______________
d) gave up
14. Unloyal sailors often ______________ their ship.
b) give up
15. You have to ________________ smoking because it’s not good for you!
16. The teacher asked the noisy students to ________________ talking.
a) give up
17. My best friend _____________________ me in a time of need.
18. He easily _______________ his career.
19. Why did Jason ______________ his wife?
20. Cuckoos usually ________________ their nests.
c) give up
21. I went to the library to get as many information as I could.
b) as many
22. When it is possible, I will help you later today.
23. I can speaking English quite well now.
24. He will not let me to borrow his computer.
a) will not
b) to borrow
25. Tonight I’m going to stay at home with myself.
26. I think it is a spend of money to buy cigarettes.
a) it is
b) a spend
c) of money
27. I look forward to see you on Tuesday after work.
b) to see
28. I didn’t see someone on the way to your house.
c) to your
29. It is sure that one day she will pass her examinations.
b) one day
30. I don’t think I have ever red one of his books.