As part of the IFPRI Egypt Seminar in partnership with the National Nutrition Committee (ASRT affiliated): "100 million healthy lives: Scientific evidence on the double burden of malnutrition in Egypt"
8. The National Nutrition Institute Role
• Sharing 100 Million
the outpatient clinics
• The ordinary daily
work of researches
9. The National Nutrition Institute
• The academic sector
• The outpatient clinics
concerned with serving
through different types
of clinics regarding all
ages and sex.
10. •Promoting and protecting the
nutritional well-being and
ensuring good nutrition
throughout the life-cycle for
all age groups.
11. 1-Clinics for the first 2 years (NNI)
Breast feeding clinic
12. Clinics for the first 2 years
Protecting, promoting and supporting
Adequat and safe complementary feeding of
infants and young children
According to global strategy on infant and
young child feeding.
15. 2-Stunting clinic
Detecting the nutritional stunted children and apply a
nutritional protocol with nutritional supplements.
Nutritional supplements from the institute pharmacy in
every month visits were given for free.
Promoting healthy food consumption patterns
to ensure diversity in the diet, and nutrition
education for children and their families.
Reassess the protocols of the clinic for better results and
address micronutrient deficiencies.
29. 5-Adult malnutrition clinics
(overweight and obesity )
• Promoting nutrition counseling regarding New types of
diets emerging every now and then :
• The ketogenic ,carnivorus,low carb,the intermittent fasting
• The safe use of sweeteners sucralose,satevia.and others