Atef Sweed (Aswan Uni.) • 2019 IFPRI Egypt Seminar "Fertilizer policy in Egypt and options for improvements"
Fertilizer's System in Egypt.
Dr. Atef Abdelaziz Sweed
Associate Prof. of Soil Chemistry, Faculty of
Agri., Aswan Univ.
• What is a Fertilizers?
• Any natural or chemical material applied
to a soil or plant to supply essential
• What are the kinds of fertilizers?
• N-fert. (Kinds)
• K- fert.
• In the world
- Global fertilizer production for 2017 is estimated at 255 million
- Global demand reached about 236 million tons for 2017 »,
Global fertilizer demand is expected to reach 247 million tons in
- Local production of fertilizers 22 million tons annually.
- Consumption is only about 10 million tons, or 15.5%.
- 55% of production is consumed locally (Ministry of Agriculture) at
- 45% of production is export.
- The Egyptian government supports farmers by
about LE 2,000 per ton of nitrogen fertilizer (as
- The total Egyptian government support for
nitrogen fertilizers is about 2.5 billion pounds
Abu Zaabal For Fertilizers &
SSP 15% 202 222
TSP 46% 34 356
Egyptian Financial and
SSP 15% 510 592
Suez Fertilizers Co. SSP 15% 277 004
El-Nasr Company for
SSP 15% 150000
- Evergow’s company produce About
340000 ton per year
- Other company about 60000 ton per year
- Egypt consumption from K- fertilizers
about 140000 ton per year