Successfully reported this slideshow.
TIME CLAUSES: WHEN, AS SOON AS,
To refer to the future
Future clause + time expression + Present Simple
· We´ll give you your present when you finish
· I wont go to bed until I finish my book.
To refer to the past
Past Clause + time expression + Past Simple
A) Write sentences about the future with
· I / drink / some water / I / get home
· We / know / the truth / we / talk / to her
· She / not work / she / be / on holiday
· We / open / the present / Dad / come
B) Match the sentences:
1. She started to run when
2. We stopped playing football when
3. They didn´t talk to her until
a) It began to rain
b) He saw her.
c) You´ve finished your homework
d) She saw the big dog
C) Write sentences about the past with the correct form of the verbs.
· The athletes ___________ ( start) to run when they ___________ (hear) a gun
· When they ___________ (leave) the stadium, it ___________ (begin) to rain.
· They ___________ (not begin) the match until I ___________ (arrive).
· We ___________ (remember) to post the letter as soon as we ___________ (go) out.
· Mark ___________ (not eat) anything until he ___________ (get) home.