Marina Romeu Hoces E-41
Alba Martínez Gozalbes E-42
Valeria Gil Moral E-41
Andrea Villalba Sanfélix E-41
Estefania Garcia Almonacid E-41
• Types of energy
• Advantages of the renewable energies
• Disadvantages of renewable energies
• The main energies
• Solar energy: Advantages/Disadvantages
• Hydraulic energy: Advantages/Disadvantages
• Wind energy: Advantages/Disadvantages
• Biomassic energy
• Geotermical energy
• Alternative energy in Spain
• Alternative energy in Valencian Comunity
• Why are we supporting more renewable energy now?
Types of energy:
Alternative energies are the ones used
as an alternative to the conventional
ones such as fuel, gas, coal , nuclear.
No renewable energies they refer to energy
sources that are found in nature in limited
quantities and once they are consumed
cannot be replaced.
Advantages of the
• Potential reduction of consumption of imported
• Non polluting / decrease environmental
impacts, that result from the activities of power
generation with fossil fuels
Disadvantages of the
• Alteration of microclimate by the emission of
gases, hot water ..
• Require a high initial investment.
• The application depends on the availability of
resources on the site
It comes from the sun and is used in
thermal applications to produce heat and
in photovoltaic devices for electricity
• They do not need fuel
• Minimal Maintenance
• Silent Systems
• Do not contaminate
• Easy Transport and Installation
• High initial investment
• Low Capacity
• Requires a recovery program and
storing for used batteries.
• Use of water flowing through the surface
of the earth.
• The power plants are classified by size,
-Micropower technology limit 50KW
-Mini power plants 50 to 500KW
-Small central 50,0 to 5,000 Kw
-Large central more of 5.000 KW
• Energy obtained straight from the wind
speed and strength
• It reduces the dependence on fossil
fuels and levels of polluting
• Building them takes shorter than
other energy options.
• Requires wind studies for several years
• No guarantee the supply of demand
• Use of any organic substance from
the animal kingdom, plant and agro-
industrial residues for power
• It uses the calorific energy stored
within the earth.
Alternative energy in
• Central solar plant (Villena)
The solar power plant being built by Fomento de
Construcciones y Contratas in the town of Villena
will be the first power plant in Valencia and the
first in Europe that combines solar hybridization
Why are we supporting
more renewable energy
According to current predictions conventional fossil
sources (oil, gas, coal) will be finished during XXI century.
Combustion processes to harness energy from these
sources are generating polluting substances and
hazardous waste (nuclear energy).