Orientation Program MBA, MCA, B.Pharmacy and IHM 1 st  Year  Welcome to IEC Group of Institutions
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics <ul><ul><li>Request to Honorable  </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Vice President  </li><...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics <ul><ul><li>Request to  </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Director  </li></ul></ul><ul><ul...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics How your course is formulated <ul><ul><li>B.Pharma, IHM,  MCA and MBA are  4 years,...
<ul><ul><li>Professor  H K Sahjwani </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Dean Academics </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Every Course has been...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics How your Roll No is assigned <ul><ul><li>Your Roll No will have 10 digits </li></ul...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Human Values and Professional Ethics <ul><li>HVPE  is an audit course and must be c...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Notice Boards <ul><li>Although Mentors will inform you from time to time about impo...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Timings <ul><li>9.30 AM to 5.PM with lunch from  12.50 to 1.40 </li></ul><ul><li>Li...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics General Layout of College <ul><li>There are 6 Blocks </li></ul><ul><ul><li>A, B, C,...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics General Layout of College <ul><li>Amphi Theatre -1 is on ground floor  Block-B </li...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Punctuality <ul><ul><li>All the students are expected to  attend the classes with 1...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Attendance <ul><ul><li>As per UPTU a student must have  100% attendance. </li></ul>...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Class Test <ul><li>Three Class Tests of 30 marks each: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Averag...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Sessional Marks <ul><li>For each subject, there are 50  marks for sessional. (30 fo...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Mentors <ul><li>One Mentor has been assigned to each section. </li></ul><ul><li>Men...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Mentors <ul><li>Mentor will: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Interact with the students in fr...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Mentors <ul><li>Mentor will: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Inform the students about any ac...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Discipline <ul><ul><li>Discipline will be the most important  thing which will be m...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Discipline <ul><ul><ul><li>Going on Mass Bunk </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>A...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Student Welfare <ul><li>Dean Students Welfare Prof. P.V. Kumar  will  speak on this...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Introduction To Deans <ul><li>Prof. H. K. Sahjwani (Dean Academics) </li></ul><ul><...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics <ul><ul><li>What After the Orientation  </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Programme? </li>...
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Thank You Colleagues Thank You Admin Staff
Professor  H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Classes Start From 27-08-2010 9.30 AM Sharp
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

IEC Orientation first year for MBA,MCA,B. Pharmacy & IHM

807 views

Published on

Published in: Education
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
807
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
8
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • Date
  • IEC Orientation first year for MBA,MCA,B. Pharmacy & IHM

    1. 1. Orientation Program MBA, MCA, B.Pharmacy and IHM 1 st Year Welcome to IEC Group of Institutions
    2. 2. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics <ul><ul><li>Request to Honorable </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Vice President </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Prof. Dr. A K Khare </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>For Blessings to Students </li></ul></ul>
    3. 3. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics <ul><ul><li>Request to </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Director </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Prof. (Dr.) Ishan Ranjan </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>For </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Blessings to Students </li></ul></ul>
    4. 4. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics How your course is formulated <ul><ul><li>B.Pharma, IHM, MCA and MBA are 4 years, 4 years, 3 years and 4 year Programs respectively, with each year Divided into Two Semesters Called Odd and Even Semesters </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>And numbered as I, III, V and VII Semesters for Odd Semester and II, IV, VI and VIII for Even Semester </li></ul></ul>
    5. 5. <ul><ul><li>Professor H K Sahjwani </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Dean Academics </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Every Course has been assigned </li></ul><ul><li>a Code as shown </li></ul><ul><ul><li>MCA 14 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>MBA 70 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>B.Pharma 50 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>IHM 74 </li></ul></ul>
    6. 6. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics How your Roll No is assigned <ul><ul><li>Your Roll No will have 10 digits </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>First 2 digits from left will represent the year of your Admission. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Next 3 digits will represent the college code (For IEC it is 090, for MCA there is additional Code 458 ) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Next 2 digits will represent Branch code. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Last 3 digits starting from 001 .. will be assigned as per your sequence in alphabetic order of your name in the Branch </li></ul></ul>
    7. 7. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Human Values and Professional Ethics <ul><li>HVPE is an audit course and must be cleared before completing the Course i.e. MCA, MBA and B.Pharma. Passing marks for it are 40% but with sessional marks it must be 50% </li></ul><ul><ul><li>There will be no Carry Paper in HVPE and student will have to re-study it in further semesters as fresh student. </li></ul></ul>
    8. 8. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Notice Boards <ul><li>Although Mentors will inform you from time to time about important events such as filling up the registration & Exam forms, holidays etc. yet it is the duty of each student to see various notices put on Students Notice Boards. </li></ul><ul><li>Mentors can not be held responsible for not informing. </li></ul><ul><li>List of Holidays has been posted on Notice boards. </li></ul><ul><li>Academic Calendar has also been pasted on Notice Boards. </li></ul><ul><li>Unless notified otherwise, holidays and academic calendar will be followed </li></ul>
    9. 9. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Timings <ul><li>9.30 AM to 5.PM with lunch from 12.50 to 1.40 </li></ul><ul><li>Library and Registrar’s office will remain open during lunch hour for any emergency work. </li></ul><ul><li>Library will remain open from 10 AM to 8 PM for students and staff. </li></ul>
    10. 10. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics General Layout of College <ul><li>There are 6 Blocks </li></ul><ul><ul><li>A, B, C, D, E and F (Applied Science Block) </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Rooms are numbered as </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>A101,A102… A201, A202… B101,B102… B201,B202 .. B301,… </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>F001,F002….F201,F202… F301.. </li></ul></ul></ul>
    11. 11. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics General Layout of College <ul><li>Amphi Theatre -1 is on ground floor Block-B </li></ul><ul><li>Amphi Theatre-2 is on 1 st floor Block-B </li></ul><ul><li>Central Auditorium is on 3 rd floor Block-D </li></ul><ul><li>Central Library is on 2 nd floor Block-A. </li></ul>
    12. 12. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Punctuality <ul><ul><li>All the students are expected to attend the classes with 100% punctuality. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>9.30 AM would mean 9.30 AM and not 9.30 AM +.0001 sec. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>After lunch 1.40 PM would mean 1.40 PM and not +.0001sec </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>A student if late due to any reason, whatsoever, even if allowed by teacher to attend the class, will be marked absent resulting in shortage of attendance. </li></ul></ul>
    13. 13. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Attendance <ul><ul><li>As per UPTU a student must have 100% attendance. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>However Medical leave and emergency leaves may account for 15% leave. 10% leave may be granted by Vice chancellor by filing mercy appeal. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Therefore to be able to appear in end semester examination a student must have 75% attendance after taking into account above 25% </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>A student will be detained if his/her attendance is <75%. </li></ul></ul>
    14. 14. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Class Test <ul><li>Three Class Tests of 30 marks each: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Average of best two marks obtained in class tests, will count towards your sessional marks. </li></ul></ul><ul><li>A student with <60% attendance till the start of particular class test, will not be allowed to appear in that class test. </li></ul>
    15. 15. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Sessional Marks <ul><li>For each subject, there are 50 marks for sessional. (30 for class tests, 10 for Quiz and assignment and 10 for attendance). </li></ul><ul><li>There are 50 marks for GP. 80% of these marks will be based upon the attendance and remaining 20% on other activities. </li></ul>
    16. 16. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Mentors <ul><li>One Mentor has been assigned to each section. </li></ul><ul><li>Mentor will: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Take care of all the needs of the students of that section. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Grant medical or any other emergency leave to the students of that section after satisfying himself/herself. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Listen to their complaints and will try to solve the problem. </li></ul></ul>
    17. 17. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Mentors <ul><li>Mentor will: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Interact with the students in friendly manner. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Guide them in case of emotional problems and hence will also act as their councilor. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Keep track of attendance, class test marks and sessional marks of students. </li></ul></ul>
    18. 18. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Mentors <ul><li>Mentor will: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Inform the students about any activity of the college. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Help the students in filling university examination forms and any other forms as desired by UPTU. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Is empowered to assign GP marks to students of that section and will pass on the marks to me for any modification (If necessary). </li></ul></ul>
    19. 19. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Discipline <ul><ul><li>Discipline will be the most important thing which will be maintained at all costs. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Roaming in verandahs </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Sitting on the staircase </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Not attending the classes. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Being found in canteen while classes are going on. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Misbehaving with any of the teachers. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Indulging in hot argument with the faculty members </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Misbehaving with any class III or class IV employee of institute. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Wearing any indecent clothes. </li></ul></ul></ul>
    20. 20. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Discipline <ul><ul><ul><li>Going on Mass Bunk </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Always reaching late in class. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Threatening or misbehaving with your class mates </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Prohibiting the students in attending the classes. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Using mobiles in the classes. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Talking to neighboring students while teacher is teaching in the class. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Fiddling with the apparatus in Lab against the instructions of teacher. </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Will be considered as an act of indiscipline. </li></ul></ul>
    21. 21. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Student Welfare <ul><li>Dean Students Welfare Prof. P.V. Kumar will speak on this issue. </li></ul>Ragging <ul><li>Professor Y. S. Yadav Chief Proctor will speak on this issue. </li></ul>
    22. 22. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Introduction To Deans <ul><li>Prof. H. K. Sahjwani (Dean Academics) </li></ul><ul><li>Prof P. V. Kumar (Dean Students Welfare) </li></ul><ul><li>Prof. Rakesh Kumar (Dean Training and Placement) </li></ul><ul><li>Prof. S. S. Chauhan (Dean Development and Planning) </li></ul>
    23. 23. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics <ul><ul><li>What After the Orientation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Programme? </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Visit to Facilities and Labs: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Mentors of the Sections and the faculty members teaching those sections will escort the students to respective Labs and Facilities </li></ul></ul>
    24. 24. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics
    25. 25. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics
    26. 26. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Thank You Colleagues Thank You Admin Staff
    27. 27. Professor H K Sahjwani Dean Academics Classes Start From 27-08-2010 9.30 AM Sharp

    ×