14 December 2018
Name: Tomas Kapiye
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Unported License.
How African students contribute to Libreoffice
●Open source in Namibia
●What is Libre Office
●Contibuting to LibreOffice
●Language and Translation
●Tools and Getting involved
14 Languages in Namibia
3 Million people
1920 South Africa
Ministry in Information and
Is the capital and the largest city in Namibia
Population: 325858 people
City in the coast of Namibia.
Population: 44,725 people
Estosha National Park
National Park in Northwest
Homes Lions, Leopards,
Rhinoceros, Elephants etc
Coastal desert in Namibia
Oldest desert in the world
Homes the Walwitschia plant
Open Source in Namibia
●University using Libreoffice
●Usage of Raspberry Pi
●PyCon Namibia (from 2015)
What is LibreOffice?
●LibreOffice is a free and open-source office
suite, a project of The Document Foundation.
●Derived from OpenOffice.org in 2010
Advantages of Open source
●Uses a free domain
●Marketing becomes easy and faster
Give users more options of software
Contributing to LibreOffice
History on the Afrikaans language in
● Afrikaans a language from South
● Africa, derived from Dutch brought
● to the Cape around the 17th
● century and spoken by over 6million.
● Translating to your own language
● Spoken by over 25% in Namibia.
● Mostly spoken in Namibia and South Africa.
● Oshiwambo is one of the local languages in Namibia.
● Spoken by over 43% of the people in Namibia.
● Mostly in Northern and central parts of Namibia.
Get help online Aanlyn Hulp Onvang
Hightlight color merkkleur
Show this dialog at
Wys die dialoog op
Find Next Vind die volgende
Dark Blue Donker Blou
Recent Colors Onlangse Kleur
Empty Line after each
Lee rrl na elke item
●Translations done in poodle from
English to Afrikaans.