Problems of pectin production
Using of environmentally
High energy consumption hazardous strong acids A considerable length of Inefficient binding of
in the pectin production in the production (HCI, the production process radionuclides
HNO3, H3PO4, H2SO4)
High cost of raw materials
and the problems Low saturation of the
associated with its world pectin market
reduction in cost
The benefits of innovative technology
• The possibility of using dried and fresh raw materials, which will increase the working time of the
plant up to 250 days a year.
• Technology has a closed cycle of water supply, it saves resources.
• The technology is implemented on a typical standard equipment.
• The possibility of producing pectin from various types of dried raw materials reduces the
dependence of the producer from the yield and season duration.
Toxic metals, Binding, %
Lanthanum Cerium Yttrium Niobium Plumbum
20 15 18 80 45
79 75 69 90 90
Stages of the project and list of works
I stage Volume of investment
Experimental and technological production
of pectin and its certification.
Business plan. 12
Development of technology pool for the months 129 000 $
implementation of organizational and pre-
Drafting of the plant construction.
Solution of land issues. 24
Construction of the first module of the plant, months 8 271 020 $
capacity of 200 tons of pectin in the year.
Construction and commissioning of for 6 months on
additional modules of the plant with access to each subsequent 141 031 490 $
a given production capacity of 2000 tons.
Integral project performance indicators
Payback Period Hurdle rate
Planned indicator / Risk indicator
Current stage of the project
• Technology of production pectin from pumpkin was tested in the laboratory and industrial conditions
• The presence of patents, which protecting technology.
• The presence of specification on the production of pectin from pumpkin.
• Elements of know-how technology was proven in industrial conditions at the factories of Spain and
• Pumpkin pectin has been clinically tested in the second Children’s Hospital of Kiev, in the areas of in
the areas of Chernobyl contamination (at the Institute of Microbiology and Virology of NASU) and at the
Kiev Postgraduate Medical Institute.
The volume of market and rate of market development
Distribution of pectin market among
The distribution of consumption in the
world pectin market
(in thousands of tons)
The world pectin market is currently estimated at 319 million U.S. dollars.
There is a steady increase in the consumption of pectin on average 3,0 - 3,5% per year.
World production of pectin - 80 thousand tons per year.
Consumption of pectin in Ukraine - 800 tons per year.