This presentation will explain what transgenerational trauma is and highlight how parent-to-child carried emotional dynamics impact the child development and lead to mental health issues and addiction in adulthood. 64% of addicts had severe adverse childhood experience, abuse and trauma. Using the Adverse Childhood Experience Study (ACE) and its findings, participant will be presented with assessment and intervention tools directly applicable to their clinical and psychosocial work and practice. “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood”.
WHAT IS TRANSGENERATIONAL TRAUMA?
• Trauma Passed through the family system
• Action or Non-action
• Family Loyalty
• Family Role
Why its Important
• Clients can become stuck in the dysfunction
• Carry the blame Guilt & Shame for the Major Caregiver
• Codependency The Toxic Trauma Tango
• Acting in and out behaviors
Symptoms of psychological trauma.
•Shock, denial, or disbelief.
•Confusion, difficulty concentrating.
•Anger, irritability, mood swings.
•Anxiety and fear.
•Guilt, shame, self-blame.
•Withdrawing from others.
•Feeling sad or hopeless.
•Feeling disconnected or numb.
Working With Victims of Trauma
• Understand our transmitted trauma
• Trust and rapport
• Detective work
• Therapeutic Trauma models
• Top Down Bottom Up approach
Trauma Treatment Tool Kit
Family of Origin
Ensure you are on the same page
Working with the life force
Developmental Themes (NARM)
Feeling Reduction (PIT)