FUNCTIONS AND TYPES OF
ASNAD P A
IV SEM MBA
FUNCTIONS OF ADVERTISEMENT
• Identifying Brand
• Previewing New trends
• Customer Base
TYPES OF ADVERTISEMENTS
– Out door
– Direct mail
Types of advertisements
– Non Product
– Public Service
• Is a product or services advertising that
appears in specific section of newspaper
under the heading classifying the product or
service being offered.
• Is a generally considered the most effective
mass-marketing advertising format as is
reflected by the high prices.
• T.V network charge for commercial airtime
during popular events.
• It is a small business advertising.
• Radio advertising can be a very effective
means to attract customer to some business.
• Online advertising is the newest and fastest
growing way to advertise. The Internet now
provides everything from links on sites, to
banner ads on sites, to small ads on sites, to
pay per click advertising.
Mobile advertising is a form of advertising
via mobile (wireless) phones or other
mobile devices. It is a subset of mobile
• Emphasizes the specific retail outlet as the
place to buy a specific range of brand.
• It can be local store advertising in local
• Any advertising placed by a company,
organization, or individual operating in a
limited geographical area such as a city or
within a state.
• Geographically speaking national advertising’s
range is extended to the territorial limits of the
• The advertiser use the national media to inform
the consumer about the product.
• The advertiser use the national local or regional
language but prefers the national language.
• It can be available in everywhere of country and
easily purchased it.
Advertising a product or service in a country other
than where it originates.
• Covert advertising is a unique kind of
advertising in which a product or a particular
brand is incorporated in some entertainment
and media channels like movies, television
shows or even sports.
• It is advertising with a strong emphasis on the
company brand (logo and/or company name)
also known as integrated marketing
• This kind of advertisement is advertised from
political parties trade fraternal and social
group for the purposes of safeguard
ideologies, social betterment and institution.
• Although the audience is getting smarter and
smarter and the modern day consumer
getting immune to the exaggerated claims
made in a majority of advertisements, there
exist a section of advertisers that still bank
upon celebrities and their popularity for
advertising their products.
• Surrogate advertising is prominently seen in cases
where advertising a particular product is banned
• Advertisement for products like cigarettes or
alcohol which are injurious to heath are
prohibited by law in several countries and hence
these companies have to come up with several
other products that might have the same brand
name and indirectly remind people of the
cigarettes or beer bottles of the same brand.
• A type of product promotion that attempts to
influence a consumer in favor of a purchasing
particular good or service by appealing to
their emotions and general sensibilities.
• A business might engage in informative or
persuasive advertising to encourage first time
customers to try its product, in addition to
reminding customers to purchase a product
they have previously bought.
• Promotional technique in which an advertiser
claims the superiority of its product over
competing product(s) by direct or indirect
• If other products are mentioned by their name
(and not as 'brand X,' 'brand Y,' etc.) the owners
of those brands may challenge the fairness of the
comparison in a court.
• Also called comparative advertising or
Public Service Advertisement
• The same advertisement techniques use to
promote commercial goods and services can
be used to inform, educate and motivate the
public about non-commercial issues such as
• HIV/AIDS, Political ideology and Energy