Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen Analyser
To measure total nitrogen in water or soil samples
of the System
• The analyser should be a semi-automatic system consisting of a digestion unit,
a scrubber unit, and a distillation unit
Digestion Unit • Should have electrically heated (230 ± 10 Volts, 50 Hz AC) metal
blocks. It should be capable of providing a temperature range from 45 -
450oC. Should have inbuilt temperature controller with digital display
alongwith manual temperature adjustment.
• Should have the capacity to accommodate atleast six numbers of
digestion tubes each of atleast 200ml capacity
• Should have leakproof integrated condensors (fumes carriers) made up
of glass, fixed on a movable panel alongwith Adapter for outlet to the
Scrubber unit • Should be an oil free centrifugal suction type, with manual vacuum
• Corrosion and impact resistant, provided with condensate and acid
fumes collection vessels.
• Should operate on 220 VAC ±10%, 47 to 53 Hz power supply
Distillation Unit • Should be made-up of standard quality borosilicate glass.
• Should possess a steam generator made-up of borosilicate glass
alongwith heater and have 3 step manual control facility i.e. standby,
water inlet and distillation.
• Should have inbuilt diaphragm pump alongwith push button for alkali
dispensing with manual volume adjustment.
• Should have ventilation value.
• Should have timer for 5 - 15 minutes with audio signal.
• Steam inlet tube should be of PTFE.
• Unit should have quick clamping device for digestion tube with adaptor.
• Should operate on 220 VAC ±10%, 47 to 53 Hz, AC power supply.
• Complete unit should provided with one set of digestion tubes
alongwith the servicing, operating and maintenance manuals.
Quality Certificate • Installation qualification, operational qualification and performance
qualification certificate from NABL Accredited Laboratory or US-EPA
certificate of performance
Accessories • Spares and accessories for its 2 years of continuous use considering
expiry dates of the reagents
• 1 set of digestion tubes.
• Digestion tube stand
• Spillage tray for the condensors
• Tube removing device