A hackathon (also known as a hack day, hackfest
or codefest) is an event in which computer
programmers and others involved in software
development, including graphic designers,
interface designers and project managers,
collaborate intensively on software projects
● The word "hackathon" is a portmanteau of the
words "hack" and "marathon", where "hack" is
used in the sense of playful, exploratory
programming, not its alternate meaning as a
reference to computer crime.
● webgeek.ph hosts a devcup hackathon for to
help find a solution to aPhilippine Problem
Tips for a great hackathon
● Decide what you want to get out of it
● Attend with an idea
● Strip down features to a bare minimum
● Pick a stretch topic to work on (something you
can learn more about)
● Done is better than perfect
● Be Merry!
● Sleep, and Eat well!
● Don't drink too much beer! (Not that we have any)
● Ask! Sometimes all you have to do is Ask for something
and you learn more by asking than googling around
● Don't be Shy!
● Form a team before hand. It is much faster to
start right away with a team ready
● Don't just sit there!
● Listen to your Leader – things work much faster
when there is one single person to organize
and direct and to lead the team.
● Slide 1-2 : Wikipedia Article
● Others – thenextweb, sunmichelle.com/
● My own experiences
About The Author
● SWM 1,2,4
● WebGeek Devcup 2012
● Currently working for a Startup and Teaching.