• The development of new culture by
merging two or more than two
different cultures through a period of
contact and interaction.
• Cultural hybridization is a universal
process which is speeded up through
interactions among societies.
CULTURAL HYBRIDIZATION IN PAKISTANI
• Focus on those traits which we adopted from
• Two originally distinct cultures come together
and create something new and exciting.
• Variety of different cultures merging together
within a single society.
• Pakistan is also a culturally hybridized society.
ORIGIN OF PAKISTANI
• Culture is one of the important
concepts in our lives.
• Generally speaking, people call a
person “highly cultured” if he
possesses good manners.
• Indus Valley Civilization
• Muslims era
• Pakistani culture
TYPES OF CULTURAL
• In Pakistan every attribute of culture is hybridized by some
• Customs and values
Language is the most important element
Our national language is Urdu which is
itself formed by the combination of
Arabic, Persian, Hindi and some other
But presently we are speaking
Urdu mixed with many English
Pakistani wants to eat foods
and dishes which are more hot
As we want the flavor of
western, chines and Italian
foods but not with less spices.
We cook foods of other culture in our
Chines rice in Desi style.
National dress of Pakistan is Shalwar
It is hybridized with Indian and western
Turkish style dresses
Jeans with Kurta which is
western cum Pakistani
Our girls wear Abaayas
which is an Arabic style.
Sarries which are very
common in our culture is
national dress of our
Our main festivals include our two Eids,
Shab-e-barat and Eid Miladun Nabi
Islamic cum Indian style.
Marriages in Indian styles.
Festivals which become our
For example we celebrate
Basant, 1st April fool’s day,
Valentine’s Day and spring
PROS OF CULTURAL
• Each ethnic should get rid of the
shortcomings in their traditional behavior.
• Accept the merits from other groups.
• Communication without barriers.
• Appreciation for other cultures.
• World peace
• Moderate culture
• More festivals, more interactions.
CONS OF CULTURAL
• Destruction of identities
For example, Indian cultural dominates in weddings of
Bollywood is perhaps the most discussed topic.
• Nothing interesting
• No solutions as there can be no new ideas
• Global integration of dominant group like this process is
increasing day by day.
• Cultural hybridization has been speeded up due to
Interaction of people through invasions
• Every element of culture is hybridized with some
• Adopt other’s cultures but not for sake of identity
• Difference between good and bad
• Adopt only those traits which help to progress and