The Treaty of Versailles
• The Treaty of Versailles was a peace settlement signed
after the World War in 1918
• It was signed at the Versailles Palace at Paris between
Germany and the Allies
• Georges Clemenceau, David Lloyd George and
Woodrow Wilson – ‘The Big Three’ at the conference.
The treaty was decided mainly by them.
• The treaty was signed on June 28th
• Germany’s army was limited to only 100,000
• Size of navy was also limited to 15,000 men.
• Air force , tanks and submarine was no allow
to have .
• Much of the
the war was
• Germany had to pay compensation for all
the damage caused in the war.
• The reparations demanded in 1921 were
269 billion gold reichsmarks. ( about 300
billion us dollar today)
• People previously belonging to austria-
hungary in central europe were given the
right to govern themselves.
Formation of League of Nation
• It was an intergovernmental organisation founded as a
result of the Paris Peace Conference that ended the First
World War. It was the first international organisation
whose principal mission was to maintain world peace.