Using ITC in Human Rights Education - Dariusz Grzemny
Using ICT in HRE
Workshop, 13 April 2014
Why ICT in HRE?
• Internet is a human rights
• Close to the lives of young people
• Human rights violations happen online as well
• Easy access, though a digital divide
• Adapted, relaxed learning
• Blended learning
• Communication tool
• Use the potential of the web
• Diversity of tools, diversity of usage
• Participants can be connected on a wider level as well as on a
• Interactions can be taken beyond the training room as Twitter
is omnipresent in our smartphones and laptops.
• Twitter allows for customization of learning depending on the
participant i.e. differentiating learning for different
• Twitter can be used to quickly connect to multimedia
resources (e.g. YouTube or Vine) and turn education into
• Twitter gives new opportunities to connect to other learning
communities and new educational content.
• The very nature of Twitter – brief and to-the-point makes for
rapid broadcast of learning.
• Hashtags and learning
• Quick recaps and quizes
• Twitter and a Bulleting Board - http://www.tweetwally.com/
• Role play on Twitter - https://twitter.com/RealTimeWWII