Mobile App Development
Cordova / PhoneGap
Adobe Community Co – Manager
Los Angeles PhoneGap User Group
Co – Founder
Mobile App Designer – Developer
Co – Founder
Mobile Camp Los Angeles
• Cross-Platform origins
• Device landscape
• Browser wars
• Narrowing the gap
• Creating an app
• The future
Back in the day
Write once run anywhere. A
slogan created by Sun
Microsystems to illustrate the
cross-platform benefits of the
• Adobe PhoneGap is a standards-based, open-
source development framework for building
cross-platform mobile apps with HTML, CSS
Phone, webOS, BlackBerry® and more.
• PhoneGap is powered by Apache Cordova.
Lets not forget the essentials
• Apple devices do not support Flash.
• Vendor lock-in’s.
• “Mobile” Browser fragmentation.
• Not all “Mobile” browsers support all HTML5
• Point to your browser and type in an address
below on your mobile phone.
HTML5 Myth Busters
• The Making of Fastbook: An HTML5 Love Story
• HTML5 Gaming with PhoneGap | PhoneGap
Day EU 2013
The mobile application industry is
at a new dawn where developers
will leverage the mobile web and
cross platform tools to drive new
innovation and greater
profitability. Successful developers
will be able to leverage tools and a
verity of skills to bring the best out
of each new innovation.