• Chicago boutique with two locations:
Lincoln Park and Wicker Park
• Specializes in versatile apparel for
outdoor and everyday wear
• Self-described as “Patagonia meets
• Most clothing is water-resistant, odor-
resistant, and wrinkle-free
• Exclusive Chicago retailer for several
• Features sustainable clothing
Target Market Profile
• Mid- to upper-income, urban men and women
25-40 years old
• On-the-go lifestyle
• Love fashion and comfort
• Need versatility in their clothing
• Have “green” concerns
To mid- to upper-income, urban men and
women 25-40 years old who trend toward
purchasing stylish, yet comfortable clothing,
Connect is the boutique-clothing store that
joins outdoor-centric styles with chic, urban
fashion because people want clothes that look
great whether worn at the office, in a
restaurant, or on top of a mountain.
Marketing & Communications Problem
• What the consumer does not know:
• The store exists and has two locations
• Connect combines fashion and functionality as outdoor clothing
• What the consumer does not believe/feel:
• There is a need for versatile clothing
• There is clothing that combines fashion and functionality
• The clothing is worth the price
• What the consumer does not do:
• Seek out Connect as a destination for shopping
Connect has fashionable clothing that is
functional both indoors and outdoors.
• Look great everywhere, even in
the most rugged places.
• Classy, fashionable, fun
• Busy lifestyle, down-to-earth,
always time for entertainment
Our target should be aware of Connect and place
Connect into their consideration set.
Ads should elicit a positive emotional response
toward the benefits of clothing purchased from
“I want a jacket that looks great everywhere.
I’m going to Connect because they have
Open on a man skiing. At
the bottom of the slope he
takes off skis and walks
into upscale lodge.
Man walks through lodge
into upscale boutique
restaurant. He then walks
outside onto a downtown city
Valet pulls up car. Man opens
passenger door for a lady
dressed in an evening gown.
He hops in car and drives off.
Title Card appears.
James Bond-esque orchestral music plays throughout. The spot is shot as one continuous take.
• Advertising campaign will launch new tagline: Urban Fashion,
• In-store and store-front materials will be revised to carry new
brand message to create a better link between the in-store and out-
• As awareness for this campaign is key. Logo and brand message
will have great prominence in this series of advertisements
• Subsequent advertisements in this campaign will feature women’s
clothing and message more strongly to women