Young Marketers Elite 3_Assignment 21.1_Mobile Marketing
Câu hỏi duy nhất - Phân tích 4 case mobile marketing ở Châu Á thành công: trong đó có 1 case thành công do technology innovation, 1 case do consumer insight xuất sắc, 1 case xuất sắc khi kết hợp mobile với những platform khác, 1 case có sales conversion thành công . (100%
Young Marketers Elite 3_Assignment 21.1_Mobile Marketing
ASSIGNMENT 21.1 – DIGITAL MARKETING – Hau, Hiep, Minh, Vy.
SAMSUNG VIETNAM: WATCH IT WITH S6
Double screen technology
BACKGROUND: In 2015, the Samsung Galaxy S6 and the S6 Edge burst onto the smartphone
scene with a whole host of desirable features. The launch of this 2 products is expected to
revitalize the brand gaining points on brand equity and brand love, and ultimately drive volume
sales to gain market share.
OBJECTIVES: With the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge’s breakthrough design and functions, Samsung
aims to drive product engagement that would lead to sales and competitive conversion. Digital
and mobile are one of the key channels with a huge potential to achieve these goals.
TARGET CONSUMER: Vietnamese young adults, aged 18-35, who belong to middle to high social
CONSUMER FACT: They are curious and desired to experience new, interesting technology
SOLUTION: Samsung launch a love story video of Thanh Hang, falling in love with a strapping
young man in Paris. We shot the entire film in Europe capturing the sophisticated style and
aesthetics aspired by the Vietnamese consumers.
Not all the juicy parts of the video are shown as to trigger curiosity among non-S6 users, the juicy
bits only appeared on S6 screens only when users sync their smartphones with the main screen,
made possible through the double screen technology. The technology integrated the online
film for desktop and mobile at once enabling the users to connect with the film and interact
with it seamlessly on both screens.
The platform automatically detected if a non-S6 phone was connected and streamed a
different version of the film prompting the user to use an S6 to unveil the full story.
WHY IT WORKS & BECOME SUCCESFUL
1. NEW TECHNOLOGY: Double screen, interactive, phone type detected
2. GOOD VIDEO STORY: Top celebrity – Thanh Hang, love story in Paris as
audience is driven by passion for celebrities and love stories
3. EXPERIENCE DIRECTLY ON PRODUCT: Only by using Galaxy S6 to
watch the video
4. CONSUMER INCENTIVE: a chance to win a trip to Paris by answering
the trivia about the love story at the end of the film.
• With 500,000 people experiencing the platform in 4 weeks
• Over 150,000 iPhone users (31%), became the most
frequently visiting users.
• Samsung market share in the premium segment grew by 233%
CHOK: COCA COLA CAMPAIGN IN HONG KONG
First time ever interactive TVC with mobile phone
BACKGROUND: To encourage youngster in Hong Kong watch new Coca Cola
TVC and get key communication message.
CONSUMER FACT: TVC is now less involving with consumer, much lower reach vs.
past especially youngster. They are more engaging with smart phone, social
network and application..
SOLUTION: Combine TVC platform with mobile. Using mobile app to trigger
youngster watch TVC in fun and exciting way.
HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1: Download Chook app
Step 2: Wait for TVC at 10 pm every night
Step 3: Chok or swing smart phone to catch instant prizes straight from the screen
Every Chok can instantly win discounts for mobile games or vouchers.
WHY IT WORKS & BECOME THE MOST SUCCESFUL
PROMOTION OVER 35 YEARS IN HONG KONG?
About 380,000 apps of Chok was
downloaded in the first month, more than
any branded apps before.
1. VERY EXCITING NEW NEWS. First time ever interactive TVC with
mobile, creating unique and fun experience.
2. GO VIRAL: People talk, post clips, post status about Chok as phenomenon
in the Internet.
3. GO BEYONG TRADITIONAL PLATFORM: Using mobile platform to
bring excitement to old media platform like TVC, OOH.
4. CONSUMER INCENTIVE: Consumer can get instant incentive when
playing Chok creating the motivation for them to make Chok go viral.
Campaign: “The language of Hair”
Creative Agency: Ogilvy Việt Nam
Media Agency: Mindshare
Mobile Platform: Zalo/Adtima
Channels: TV, Print, Digita, Mobile
Laucnh Date: 10/2014
THE EXCELLENT INSIGHT
- Hair category is one of
top 3 categories for
spending in Vietnam
- 7 brands in this category
Moderate equity & been synonymous with “soft and
BUT competitor messaging that focused on
making hair soft and smooth had diluted the
differentiation between brands for young women in
To strengthen loyalty among customers who also used other
brands => Sunsilk needed to find a credible claim that would
- BUSINESS OBJECTIVE: To increase loyalty by 1%
- COMMUNICATION OBJECTIVE: To differentiate on key
attribute “making hair soft & smooth” by 5%.
Vietnamese women, 20 to 28 years old.
- They are constantly on the move and have busy lives.
- They are always working, traveling, pursuing their interests, or
- they want to look their best at all times.
HOW “SUNSILK WOMAN” ARE?
* Has deep sense of national culture & prides herself on being
* She aims to be well groomed at all times, so having long, soft,
and smooth hair is an integral part of her identity.
* She ranks her hair as one of the key influences on her
confidence and personality.
Mobile is their “always-on” ally with favorite
activities such as uploading photos and online
socializing with friends - an ABSOLUTE MUST
What they do?
The young girls with a long, soft and
smooth hair often untie and then touch
Why they do it?
The way the girls touch their hair reflects
their immediate emotions. When a girl
touches her hair, there are many reasons
for the way she touches it.
BRAND’S BEST SELF
you would have a “Soft & Shine”hair,
then you can be confident of stepping
out of the door fired up for the day
As a young girls with a long, soft and smooth hair, I often untie and touch my hair as the way to
express my personality, the emotional signals as well as messages behind.
WHY THIS IS AN EXCELLENT INSIGHT?
As a young girls with a long, soft and smooth
hair, I often untie and touch my hair as the
way to express my
personality, the emotional signals as well as
DEEP EMOTIONAL DRIVER PERSONAL (I &ME)
SPECIFIC CATEGORY FUNDAMENTAL TRUTH
PHASE 1: TRIGGER
KEY HOOK: Viral Clip
CONTENT: A little story about a geek
who is attracted to a cute girl, but
doesn’t understand the HairComb
language that she uses to express
The short film was broadcasted and
- Zing TV
- Zing MP3.
PHASE 2: ENGAGEMENT
KEY HOOK: A Chibi Maker Contest
CHANNEL: Mobile – Zalo platform
*** Why Zalo:
- The most popular social media chat app in Vietnam
- 67% of TA actively use Zalo to chat with friends/share selfies
*** Why Chibi drawing
- Trendy activity among Vietnamese girls.
HOW APP WORK
Signed in to Zalo => Send photo to Sunsilk Zalo page via Zalo chat => Chibi
Maker Tool created a personal Chibi drawing => Send back
To challenge the youngsters to incorporate their knowledge of Hair
FingerComb languages into their Chibi drawings
PHASE 3: SPREAD
The most special and lovable Chibis were selected and a Hair FingerComb
Language Chibi Sticker Collection => Zalo Sticker Store
BACKGROUND: To improve the serving time per consumer &
service satisfaction. Starbucks has launched a Pre-order
CONSUMER INSIGHT: Starbucks is my choice for the morning
start. However, it’s always in a huge traffic & long queue
waiting for your order & then, your drink. I wish to have a
solution to save my time in the morning rush to enjoy my
SOLUTION: Pre-Order Apps.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Install the Starbucks App
2. Open the App & Choose your drink
3. Order & make advance payment.
4. System will send the order to the store, and then, barista
makes your drink. You can make time & skip the queue to
receive your pre-order.
WHY IT WORKS & HOW TO ENCOURGE
CONSUMER TO ORDER VIA APP?
About 21% of Starbucks transactions
are done via mobile app
1. TACKLE & SOLVE CONSUMER ISSUE. According to consume
feedback, they can save 10-15mins to order via mobile.
2. CONSUMER INCENTIVES: Via using birthday gifts, special bonus,
discounts to engage them to use the app.
3. LOYALTY COINS: To accumulate digital coins & redeem the free drink.
4. CRM: Leverage the app to send out the notification, survey to keep track