Sarco Communications Company - At&T Authorized Solutions Provider - Ethernet Services - Deca MAN
AT&T Ethernet Services
AT&T DecaMAN® Service connects your 10/100 Gbps
Ethernet signal within a metropolitan or regional area with a
dedicated, fiber-optic, point-to-point transport service.
DecaMAN is built on a robust, Wave Division Multiplexing
(WDM) network providing you with maximum availability and
fiber use, while delivering outstanding performance.
DecaMAN service is fully supported for design, installation,
management, and monitoring of your network.
• DecaMAN service transmits your serial data at a discrete bit rate of 9.95
Gbps WAN PHY and 10.3125 Gbps LAN PHY Ethernet physical layer rate.
The layer 2 rate for both services is 10 Gbps. The service is based on the
IEEE 10-gigabit Ethernet standard (802.3ae), which contains two interface
options: WAN PHY and LAN PHY. We provide you with either interface
option on a particular DecaMAN circuit.
• Because DecaMAN service can interface natively to 10 Gigabit Ethernet
based equipment, you will not require special equipment or protocol
conversion in order to achieve high capacity and efficient data transport.
• DecaMAN service is a point-to-point circuit that runs on the same expansive
wave division multiplexed network as GigaMAN®, FibreMAN®, and Multi-
Service Optical Network (MON). Every DecaMAN circuit passes through at
least one central office-based Nortel OM 5200, which serves as a signal
regenerator (also known as a repeater). The OM 5200 is where in-band
monitoring capability is achieved. The DecaMAN service is terminated at
your fiber patch panel, and you supply the 10-gigabit Ethernet equipment
(switch or router) to send and receive data across the DecaMAN service.
Interoffice Collaboration - Collaborate more efficiently, and keep costs
in check. Online collaboration is fast and efficient for your
employees who design projects and conduct research. Because
newer applications such as VoIP (voice over Internet protocol),
video over IP, and desktop sharing increase the demand on your
network, and require reliable, high-capacity transport we suggest
boosting your communications connectivity using DecaMAN®
Large File Transfers – Share your resources hosted in a consolidated
data center, or configure DecaMAN service to support
synchronization of your backup data center.
DecaMAN service uses a fiber-optic, point-to-point connection to link
your LANs within a metropolitan or regional area to keep your
communications flowing as quickly as possible.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery -
Maintain access to your databases, records, and
all your data at all times. DecaMAN service
provides you with a capacity of 10 Gbps so you
have a sufficient pipeline to back up your data to
archival data centers.
DecaMAN service offers you additional optional
features to further secure your data network.
You can choose from options for fiber path
diversity (between DecaMAN circuits) and
protection (50 ms fail over in the event of a
component or fiber failure).
• Route Diversity Options: Diversity will keep one DecaMAN circuit
physically separated from another for increased survivability.
Choose from one of three route diversity options that meet your
needs: loop diversity, alternate wire center diversity, and inter-wire
• Equipment and Path Protection: You have a choice of our
equipment and path protection options: equipment protection (only),
equipment plus local path protection, equipment plus alternate wire
center path protection, and equipment plus inter-wire center path
• Extended Distance: DecaMAN service may be extended within the
same LATA up to 350 miles end-to-end (limitations may apply).
• Performance: Offers you cost effective data transport
with minimal upfront investment, low latency, and high
• Agility: Provides you with flexible connectivity and
• Security: Via AT&T secure network services
• We offer you reliable technology, flexible solutions, and
expert designers to help you implement a robust
business continuity plan according to your needs.
• Ethernet Switched Service - MAN
• AT&T's Ethernet Switched Service - Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) is a metro solution that
provides the high bandwidth you are looking for with flexibility to meet your needs, from
affordable, scalable communications to secure and reliable networking you can depend upon.
• FibreMAN® Service connects your SAN (Storage Area Network) or remote storage solution with
a high-speed, fiber based, point-to-point configuration.
• GigaMAN Service
• GigaMAN® Service is a dedicated, fiber-optic, point-to-point gigabit Ethernet service that links
your local area networks (LANs) within a metropolitan or regional area.
• Metro Ethernet Service
• Metro Ethernet Service is extending the scalability, flexibility and ubiquity of Ethernet protocol to
provide more powerful Local Area Network connectivity in response to accelerating data needs
and smaller IT budgets.
• OPT-E-MAN® Service - Optical Ethernet Metropolitan Area Network, provides you with one of
the most reliable, scalable and ubiquitous services available today.