GATTACA Movie Reflection
After watching the movie, answer the following questions.
1. At the beginning of the movie, what did the doctors say about Vincent? (what
could the parents expect?)
2. What is the significance of the swim race?
3. What did you notice about the world of GATTACA? (What type of world was it?)
4. What are some of the things that Vincent had to go through to become and stay
5. Both Jerome and Vincent had burdens put on them by themselves and society.
Compare and contrast Jerome’s burden and Vincent’s burden. How are they alike
and how are they different?
6. When a person was murdered at GATTACA, the detectives tried to use DNA
evidence to catch the killer. What were some of the suspects that the detectives
7. How are “invalids” and “valids” treated in the world of GATTACA?
8. When the detectives questioned the director (old guy with white hair), they
thought he had motive because the murdered person was going to cancel his
mission. What did the director say and what did he mean?
9. When Irene found out about Jerome actually being Vincent, what did Vincent tell
her and what did he mean by it?
10. Who was the murderer? How does the murderer’s previous statement echo the
words of Vincent when he spoke to Irene?
11. What is the theme of this movie? Does the movie theme lean towards nature or
12. Is it possible to become “something more than what you are” ? If so, how? If not,
12. Do you think that people with certain genetic dispositions should be treated any
differently in the job market today like the people in the movie? Why or why not? Does
it depend on the job? (Write at least one paragraph.)