What is the price of beauty

703 views

Published on

Published in: Health & Medicine, Lifestyle
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
703
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
25
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
52
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

What is the price of beauty

  1. 1. What is the cost of beauty?
  2. 2. What is the literal cost of beauty? Research: ♥ Asked mainly women: - How much does you whole outfit range in cost? - How many spa treatments do you get monthly? - How much of your total income do you spend on beauty products? - Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery? - Do you buy designer clothes?
  3. 3. Conclusion: ♥ Most women said they had an outfit ranging from over 10 0 to 300 dollars. ♥ Many women also said they only get a few spa procedures a month (nails about once a month, eyebrows every two weeks). ♥ Most women admitted to spending about 20-30% of their total income on beauty products, clothes and other supplies women use to keep up their image. ♥ The cosmetic surgery was a taboo subject, only half of the women said they would even consider plastic surgery. ♥ Almost all the women admitted to buying designer clothing or labels they liked.
  4. 4. To what extent do people go to be ‘perfect’? -We found that people have gone to many extents to be what society portrays as ‘ perfect. ♥ Some people take pills to loose weight, to look younger or prettier. ♥ Some people go on mystery diets. ♥ Some people by designer clothes ♥ Some people get plastic surgery. ♥ While shopping we found that many stores on Newbery St. sold very expensive and high fashion clothing. ♥ One store sold plastic things for women to put in their bras to make their boobs look bigger. . ♥ At the spa i learned that some clients, came in weekly or bi weekly for facials, manicures or pedicures.
  5. 6. What message do your clothes send? Research: ♥ Went to T.J. Maxx and attempted to put to outfits together, one being “slutty” the other “fashionable”. ♥ Asked women on the street : - Their favorite designer. - If they followed their trends. - If clothes have an impact on a first impression. - What they would typically wear to work. - What they would typically wear on a night out. - If they got more or less attention on the clothes they wear. ♥ Looked in magazine ad’s and articles.
  6. 8. Conclusion: ♥ Cost more to dress appropriate and professional. ♥ Most people have a favorite designer and follow their trends. ♥ A lot of people judge on first impression and what you wear does have an impact. If you dress more professionally, people will take you more seriously. ♥ Top three favorite designers are: Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs and Chanel. ♥ Most women wear black and formal clothes to work, and a cute top, jeans and heels out at night. ♥ If a woman went out in a “slutty” outfit, they would get a lot of attention, but in a negative way. Many said you can be really sexy without showing a lot of skin. ♥ Found in T.J. Maxx that it was very easy to go to the racks and put together a “slutty” outfit.
  7. 9. Do young girls feel pressure to be perfect from what they see in the media? ♥ Young girls feel a ton of pressure from the media.  ♥ Billboards with women with perfect bodies and teen magazines on how to diet are seen by young girls everyday.  ♥ It is a cruel marketing tactic that makes girls feel bad about their own body. ♥ When we talked to young girls in Boston ages 10-20 they all said that the media makes them feel bad about their bodies. ♥ 25% percent of the women we asked were “slightly influenced” by the media.   ♥ The other 75% were fully influenced.
  8. 11. Does the label matter? ♥ When scanning through the latest Vogue or Glamour one will notice that you flip through at least 50 pages of designer adds. ♥ Designers need magazines to sell their clothes. ♥ Why do people were labels? The manager at Coach says, “It all about status.” ♥ Some people buy these expensive products for quality, but the majority buy them for the labels and to prove that they can afford it.
  9. 12. Does your culture affect you to lose weight? ♥ We found out that women in America were more concerned about their appearance, where as Europeans care more about the fashion. ♥ American’s are heavily influenced by magazine’s, and tend to forget the images shown are reconstructed and photo shopped.
  10. 14. Works Cited ♥ Public ♥ T.J. Maxx ♥ Betsey Johnson Manager ♥ Sales person in Victoria Secrets ♥ Mr. Hannan - Director of School of Fashion Design

×