Will Strohl, CEO & Founder of Upendo Ventures, presents tips and tricks for a form of "social proof" called testimonials. In this presentation and demonstration, attendees learned very critical tips on how to increase conversions through strategically gathered testimonials.
Social proof is based on the idea of normative social influence, which states that people will conform in order to be liked by, similar to or accepted by the influencer (or society).
In short, it’s showing people that they’re not a guinea pig. Someone else already did this, so it’s safe for you to try too.
Give the example of buying a car, then parallel that to a house
Social proof is not new… It’s just a strategy that many small and medium businesses don’t effectively leverage.
Expert social proof: prominent blogger, business leader or voice of authority in an industry has influence Celebrity social proof: an endorsement by Jessica Simpson and aesthetician Nerida Joy helped Beautymint attract 500,000 visitors on day one of its launch User social proof: user success stories, case studies, customer-created videos Wisdom of the crowd: X number of users/downloads/customers/installations, trusted by these brands, most popular with X Wisdom of friends: showing friends or friends of friends https://neilpatel.com/blog/social-proof/
Show Urbanite Suburbanite’s testimonial area (social proof since they’re a customer), and then walk through it briefly. Show the Upendo Ventures testimonial area talk about a few key customers Highlight the individual areas of the testimonials to show how much detail they have. They more like a case study! Show the form and talk through the form. Book: Building a StoryBrand, by Donald Miller https://amzn.to/2JDFthg
Incentives for testimonials: thank you card, gift cards, a drawing for 1 of X gift cards, discount on the next purchase, discount for you and your referral, shout-out on social media
The Power of Testimonials at the San Carlos Chamber of Commerce
We use technology to help your business change people’s lives!
• CEO & Founder, Upendo Ventures
• CEO of Hotcakes Commerce 2013-2017
• Public Speaker
• Author & Technical Editor
• Founder of DNN Summit @WillStrohl
What are Good Leads?
• I don’t know anything about my website.
• My website doesn’t make me money.
• I never get any leads from my website.
• I haven’t updated my website in months!
• I spend so much time doing _____, I can’t do my website.
• I wish I could automate _____. This _____ takes so long!
Chat Estimate Paperwork Work Done!
• Add at least 2 forms of social proof to your website
• Ask every single past client for a testimonial
• Social proof on the homepage
• Showing clients is very important (Pics!)
• Never stop talking about your clients
We use technology to help your business
change people’s lives
548 Market St. #65401
San Francisco, CA 94104