DNN EAG - AWARENESS
A DNN Ecosystem Advisory Group
• Will S.
• Jeremy F.
• Alessandra D.
• Clint P.
• Daniel V.
• David P.
• Jay M.
• Loukas B.
• Paras D.
• Tracy W.
• Review Primary Goals
• Progress Since Previous Meeting
• Set Goals for Next Month
• Review Long Term Goals
• Open Forum
PRIMARY INDIVIDUAL GOALS
• (Co-)Champion something
• Do at least 2 things a month
• Generate a snowball effect
• Keep in constant contact
• Community Dashboard
• Speaker Program
• User Group Program
• Increase Social Activity
• YouTube Videos/Tutorials
• Training Course
• New/Updated Extensions
• .Com & .Org Website
• Theme Creation
• Mission: Create a dashboard that measures & shows the community
activity, trends, and health from across mediums
• Champions: Jay M., Jeremy F., Will S., Francisco A.
• Created a module that ties into Twitter, GitHub, etc.
• Was working locally, but it may not work in public website
• Needs to have some sort of delta logic built in
• Community members will need to opt-in
DNN .COM & .ORG WEBSITE
• Mission: Update DNNSoftware.com to highlight community and
apply consistent DNN messaging across the website
• Champions: Jay M., Don G., Jeremy F., Thompson K.
• DNNSoftware.org lives! Yaaaaaayyyy!!!!!
• Will ping Mitch SSO between .com and .org.
• David P. has already built and deployed a theme (Thank you!)
• PageSpeed is reporting a 100 and 95 right now! :O
DNN .COM & .ORG WEBSITE (CONT’D)
• Needs to build a project plan (for everyone to volunteer on items)
• We need to work on both .com and .org
• .com will be marketing & .org will be community/resources
• Looking to have a roundtable at DNN Summit
• Want 1-2 channels on this
• Exists: #goals-dnn-site-msg
• What extensions will be used? (open source only)
INCREASING SOCIAL ACTIVITY
• Mission: Increase the number and quality of social channel
interactions related to DNN
• Champions: David P., Clint P., Will S., Francisco A., Kelli K.
• Still needs a champion?
• Mission: Increase the number of DNN blog articles everywhere
• Champions: Clint P., Will S., Don G., Francisco A.
• Still need a champion?
• Mitch posted a year in review blog
• Behind in posting the core module & TAG meetings
• Mission: Increase the number of videos available that show people
how to be successful with DNN
• Champions: Don G., David D., Aderson O., John S.
• Aderson has been publishing several videos (standard & DNN Summit)
• Published several videos on nvQuickTheme
• Mission: Increase the number of new/updated open source extensions
• Champions: John S., Jay M., Vicenç M., Jeremy F., David P., Francisco A.
• Documents module has a significant update to address failed upgrades
• Stephan C. released an update to the Form & List module
• nvQuickTheme has had several updates
• Security Analyzer (stand-alone version) updated
• Mission: Create a reusable curriculum that can be deployed to
various types of schools worldwide to introduce DNN to kids
• Champions: Clint P., Will S., Don G., Loukas B.
• Still need a champion?
• No updates w/ local university
• Been ill over the holiday season
• Alessandra doesn’t want him to die :D
• Mission: Create at least one training course for DNN on external
• Champions: Will S., Tracy W., David P., Don G., Loukas B.
• Tracy W.
• Expect that the end of next week it should be complete
• $2,497 for lifetime access or annual fee
• Thinking about a possible monthly subscription
• Mostly likely going to be a per person fee (not per company)
• Reseller program (25% commission)
• Not yet thinking about a white label version
• Jay is suggesting somehow helping getting some of it on .org
• Mission: Increase the availability & quality of open source DNN
themes in the ecosystem
• Champions: Tracy W., Loukas B., Francisco A., Waldo M.
• No new open source themes over the non-busy holiday season
• Mission: Create a program where speakers & user groups can match
w/ each other, including session resources
• Champions: Joe C., Tracy W., Loukas B., Will S.
• In need of a champion again?
USER GROUP PROGRAM
• Mission: Create a user group program w/ tools to help user group
leaders start, run, and grow DNN-based meetings
• Champions: Will S., David P., Jon B., Don G., Mark B.
• Will S.
• We need to schedule a meeting to move this forward :P
• On my plate.
AWARENESS: MONTHLY GOALS
• Next Month
• 5 blog articles published
• 8 YouTube videos/tutorials
• Q1 2019
• 1 training course
• 8 new/updated open source extensions
AWARENESS: LONG-TERM GOALS
• 1H 2019
• 18 new blog articles
• 24 new tutorial videos
• 2 new training courses
• 14 new/updated DNN extensions
• EOY 2019
• 37 new blog articles
• 48 new tutorial videos
• 4 new training courses
• 28 new/updated DNN extensions
• Next meeting we will spend most of the time talking about goals for 2019
• Please come to the meeting with goals/ideas
• DNN-Connect 2019 is in Switzerland
• Crickets are crickets.
• Is everyone going to DNN Summit