Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Why should you consider Bing for your higher ed lead gen PPC campaigns

2,175 views

Published on

Have you been using Bing for PPC?

Published in: Marketing
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Why should you consider Bing for your higher ed lead gen PPC campaigns

  1. 1. Why Should You Consider Bing for Your Higher Ed Lead Gen PPC Campaigns?
  2. 2. 1. Why Move Some of Your PPC Budget Into Bing Ads? 2. Bing’s Increasing Market Share 3. CPC On Google and Content Networks Has Risen 4. Different demographic audience 5. Conversion Rates are at Least Equivalent, If Not Better, In Bing Overview
  3. 3. Why Move Some of Your PPC Budget Into Bing Ads? • Paid online lead generation is more competitive than ever, as more and more institutions compete for prospective students. • The once price-accessible, non-branded keywords that describe your programs are now highly competitive and expensive. • Average cost per click on your Google Adwords campaigns are increasing every quarter. • If your conversion rates are stuck but you don’t want to jeopardize lead quality in experiments with new keywords, try moving some of your PPC budget into Bing Ads. Source: HEM Blog
  4. 4. Bing’s Increasing Market Share • Bing and Yahoo make up approximately 20 % of global search engine activity.  Google makes up the other 80%, which is where most organizations go to first launch and develop their PPC advertising activities.  If your campaigns don’t include Bing/Yahoo you are ignoring 20% of the market. • If you are just getting started in PPC, Google Adwords is probably where you should be, at least until you are looking new cost effective opportunities to expand. •Recent reports show that Bing/Yahoo has grown its market share and is making a concerted effort with its PPC clients to continue this trend. Source: HEM Blog
  5. 5. CPC On Google and Content Networks Has Risen • Google’s average cost-per-click (CPC) on higher ed terms rose 26% over 2012 -2014. • Google’s quarterly higher ed search reports have not been released since Q1 2014 so the stats for 2014/2015 are still unclear. • We have seen consistently rising cost per click rates for our PPC clients. • Mobile and display campaigns have buffered it down to some degree but generally an overall increase has been experienced. Source: HEM Blog
  6. 6. • The general stats below, representing contrasting CPC rates from across a number of industry verticals (including education) reports an average “education” click in Google at almost 60% higher PPC cost than that in Bing. CPC On Google and Content Networks Has Risen Source: HEM Blog
  7. 7. Bing Delivers a Different Demographic Audience Than Google • Here’s the age distribution of Canadian Bing users. If your programs are targeting an older audience, to reach new Canadians looking for upgrading or a Canadian accreditation Bing could be a great option for your PPC campaigns. Source: HEM Blog
  8. 8. • Here are some other generalizations about the typical Bing user:  Users of Bing are generally less “techy”.  Bing users are more-so, blue collar than white collar.  Bing searchers are more likely to have children, based on their age. • If these characteristics match your target audience personas, Bing Ads may provide your PPC campaigns with access to an even better qualified search audience than Google can. Bing Delivers a Different Demographic Audience Than Google Source: HEM Blog
  9. 9. • This statement is subjective, but conversion rates are in fact equal or higher in Bing Ads.  This is based on using similar campaigns across both, including similar keywords, ads and landing pages. • Let’s say they are equivalent. This means that given a lower CPC in Bing, and therefore a lower cost per lead in Bing, that your overall ROI can be better in Bing. • What we are confident about, is that the Bing/Yahoo’s user demographic, although a bit different from Google, do cost effectively convert to prospective student leads, just like Google’s. Conversion Rates are at Least Equivalent, If Not Better, In Bing Source: HEM Blog
  10. 10. FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN FOLLOW US ON TWITTER FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE+ Questions? 1.514.312.3968 info@higher-education-marketing.com Visit our Website: Higher Education Marketing

×