Why is it important
• The Olympics are important because they
combine different countries and their abilities.
Also it makes the countries interact with each
other causing peace.
In ancient times Hera gave Hercules 12 tasks to do
as punishment but when Augeas tried to cheat
Hercules ,Hercules killed him and founded the
This honored the God of all Gods, Zeus
In the beginning they only had one event after 50
yrs there was two races and then added more
through the years.
• Its held at a different place every year. This year
it was at Beijing, China.
• Swimmer from United States.
• Won 14 Olympic gold medals.
• Earned the World Swimmer of the Year Award.
• He was a part of the sports illustrated
• Gymnasts from U.S.
• Was enrolled in gymnastics at age 3
• Trained 20-25 hrs a week.
• Won many medals including cold medal in
• Her and her roommate Liukinboth took the
silver and gold medals home to the U.S.
TOP 4 COUNTRIES THAT WON MEDALS
RANK NAME GOLD SILVER BRONZE TOTAL
1 CHINA 51 21 28 100
2 UNITED 36 28 36 110
3 RUSSIA 23 21 28 72
4 GREAT 19 13 15 47